Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Primer paints for external surfaces.
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:52:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Primer paints for external surfaces.  (Read 4229 times)
marluc

« on: August 15, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »

Hello everybody:

I would like to know about the primer paints that where used at the begining of the GPW on planes like I-16,Mig-3 and Lagg-3.The yellow-mustard paint known as the ALG-1,was applied only on wood surfaces or on the entire plane?
Thanks in advance for your answer.Best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »

Hi Martin, Smiley
for what I remember of an old discussion, ALG-1 yellow was for metal surfaces, but I have no evidence of its use on MiG-3s. The yellow utilized on the wooden surface (over a layer of fabric too) had another name, a sort of nitroputty if I remember well.
Unfortunately, a lot of interesting things were lost with the restart of the Hobbyvista forum.
Or was this on Airwarfare forum?
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »

Hello Massimo:

Thanks a lot,now I have a "clear picture" on this matter.What primer was used on Mig-3?s surfaces?
Greetings:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 07:03:29 AM »

Hi Martin, Smiley
I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the metallic external surfaces were painted directly with green or blue.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »

Thanks Massimo for your help.
Best regards:

Martin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: