Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Early MiG-3 colors
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:38:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early MiG-3 colors  (Read 2924 times)
jkiker

« on: August 04, 2009, 07:53:49 PM »

Hi all,

After a long hiatus for other projects, I am back working on my MiG-3 project, using the Trumpeter 1/48 scale early MiG kit.  The interior is finished and the fuselage together, with more airframe assemblies in work.  I am doing 'Yellow 9" from the Moscow front, fall 1941.  I have the base blue and green colors sorted out, but I have found some large differences on the subject of dark green for the field-applied "dark bands."  I have seen colors and call-outs for the AII Dark Green ranging from very dark olive to something like the U.S. Medium Green.

I posted this on HyperScale yesterday- do we know what shade of green this is supposed to be?  One of the experts there cited a Russian directive about colors for these early MiG's and concluded that it was most likely that a poor job of painting the dark bands with black that has resulted in erroneous descriptioins of dark green.

Do we have any recent good data to guide me on this?  Darkish green, really dark green, or just bad black?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks and cheers, Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: