Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
AII Aluminum Yak-1?
Sovietwarplanes
April 25, 2024, 11:44:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AII Aluminum Yak-1?  (Read 3745 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: October 05, 2009, 02:11:11 AM »

What do you make of this:

This Yak-1 appears to be finished in a glossy, metallic paint of some kind, possibly aluminum? Or could it be AEh-9? It's equipped with skis - you can see the tip of one sticking out in front of the wing, but I don't think the finish is white.

John
marluc

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 02:36:48 PM »

Interesting photo John,thanks for sharing it.Definitely it?s not white,I think aluminium with a coat gloss barnish.As discussed before,aluminium turns into a grey shade,this could be the reason why the Yak looks grey.Greetings.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:57:26 AM »

Thanks, Martin! It sure looks like that, doesn't it? I'm starting to think that the (unofficial!) use of aluminum paint for winter camouflage was more common than we realize.

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: