Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bilek 1/72 La-5FN Double Kit
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:10:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bilek 1/72 La-5FN Double Kit  (Read 5178 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: October 24, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »

This just showed up at Modelimex:
http://www.modelimex.com/detail/aircraft/1-72/1-72-lavochkin-la-5fn-double-kit-ex-zvezda

There's also a Czech version.

This is a two-kits-in-one-box version of the old, old Italeri/Zvezda 1/72 La-5FN. I was hoping Avalon might have given up on Kopro and done a deal with Bilek to repackage this kit to include the very nice resin components that were supposed to be part of the Kopro double kit that was announced a couple of years ago, but no such luck. No resin parts, just two inaccurate Italeri La-5FN's and an okay decal sheet, but certainly not worth the EU price of 13 Euros.

Does anyone know what happened to Avalon?

Does anyone know who finally bought the KP molds?

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 04:40:22 AM »

I looked for the Czech version and could not find it...?
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 07:49:01 PM »

Hi John,
if I don't miss, the La-5FN of KP was reissued by Amodel. I don't know if they have bought the mould or only the sprues.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:03:43 PM »

I looked for the Czech version and could not find it...?
[/color]

http://www.modelimex.com/detail/aircraft/1-72/1-72-s-95-la-5fn-double-kit-ex-zvezda

Hi John,
if I don't miss, the La-5FN of KP was reissued by Amodel. I don't know if they have bought the mould or only the sprues.
Massimo

I believe Amodel only bought a quantity of the molded kits, not the molds themselves. I remember being told about a year ago that the actual molds were up for sale (Kopro wanted to get out of hobby kits to concentrate on making parts for the auto industry), but I never heard who bought the molds.

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 04:38:12 AM »

Thanks , John.
the #23 machine looks interesting.
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: