Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Website/Forum work in progress
Sovietwarplanes
April 27, 2024, 06:41:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Website/Forum work in progress  (Read 6749 times)
JP
Administrator

« on: October 28, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »

I'll spare you my life story.  Here's the short version.

I am finally getting back into modeling!  Building that is.  I had to give up my career on the catwalk.   Cheesy

I'm going to start trying to remember how to fool around with web design and such.  Priority will be to make over this board into something more customized for our site and user friendly.  At the same time, I'm going to attempt to make over and restructure the website.  Hopefully, you guys will help us find some new growth areas!
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:57:01 PM »

Hurray! Thank you, JP - I was afraid we were going to suffer the same fate as AirWarfare Forum - welcome back, and good luck with your modelbuilding!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »

Welcome back, John. Let's give some new impulse to the site and forum!
Massimo Smiley
marluc

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:57:09 PM »

Welcome back JP to the forum and to modeling.Greetings.

Martin
JP
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:02:13 AM »

I'm installing new forum styles.  Don't freak out if you don't like what you find when you log in, just let me know what issues you have with the particular scheme, what you like, etc.  We'll find something that works for everyone at some point and looks good.   Cool

At a minimum, I wanted to customize the board a little and get away from that generic Small Machines beta setup.  We can do better than that.

If you're like Massimo and don't like your text color, try changing it.   Tongue
Dark Green Man

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 05:51:56 AM »

WOW !
 the new version looks pretty spiffy !

(what I see are black words on a pale gray or pale blue-gray background)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:46 PM »

Hi John, Smiley
the color is much better so, in my idea. Thank you for modifying it.
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 12:06:07 AM »

How do you like this one?
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 02:07:44 AM »

Nope, not this one, please - 'way too much black! Even the background for entry fields is black - for a few seconds, I though my cursor had vanished! And posts in colour (like DGM's) become almost invisible if your monitor brightness is low. I liked the one from earlier today, after Massimo made his comments.

John
JP
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 02:16:36 AM »

My entry field is dark, but I type in white letters.  And DGM's post look ok on the laptop.  Funny how different computers yield different results.  I'll try another one here in a bit.  I like overall the darker pattens because it's easier to look at the screen.  I just need to find one with a better input box, or change this one somehow.  I've gotten way more into code changing than I ever wanted to.   Undecided
Dark Green Man

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 01:11:31 AM »

Hey !

I much prefer the other version....please go back to it.

(my screen appears dark gray-khaki color- Yuck!)
 Grin
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Dark Green Man

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »

Thank You for switching back.
that looks a lot better!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: