Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ok, maybe this isn't working
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 05:38:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, maybe this isn't working  (Read 4583 times)
JP
Administrator

« on: October 28, 2009, 11:52:53 PM »

Within hours of opening this up, I've had 4 bogus account requests.? Sorry, Mr Propecia_RX_Online, but I don't think you're for real.

I'll give this another couple of days and then I have to try something else.? Such as closing applications and making people email us directly to be added.

If any of you knows a better way, speak up.? Anything open seems to allow the web bots and spammers to automatically request accounts.? I'd hate to have to move the forum again . . .
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:04:28 AM by JP » Logged
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 04:40:32 AM »

Hello , JP and I am glad you are back to kick some butt!

here's a suggestion : membership only allowed at the request of current members.
in other words...sign up a friend campaign!

now that may seem a bit elitist , but it allows us to 'vouch' for new members-making sure they are real people.

it's just an idea.
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
JP
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:02:37 PM »

Well, logging in this AM, I see the registrations are up to 10 now in less than 24 hours.  And only one with a real email to go with it.

We'll find something that works.
JP
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 02:35:54 AM »

Ok, massive upgrade to the forum, including new security measures on the applications to prevent spambot attempts!   Cool
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:38:44 AM »

Hi,
I have had some difficulties to enter with Mozilla, but it works with Internet Explorer.
To tell the truth, the colors look bad to me. Now I'm writing wirh light grey characters on a white background. For other pages, the dark grey background with white characters looks difficult to read too. I suggest to revert to old color settings.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: