Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
provisional table of colors
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 12:27:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: provisional table of colors  (Read 83168 times)
KL

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2010, 06:46:16 PM »

I guess that I'm not the only one that finds his theory... too original.

E. Pilawskii?s theory is a total nonsense!

This text shows how narrow Pilawskii?s scope is ? if something is different from what he had seen before ? it?s suspicious, fake.  American soldiers also took thousands of photos of wrecked German and Japanese planes at the end of WWII.  Those who are interested in German jets or Japanese camouflage schemes reffered to them since.  Nobody questioned reliability of those photos the way Pilawskii does.  Only detail that was questioned is colour on color photographs.

Pilawskii?s text also shows that he doesn?t realize that he is responsible for what he writes.  To present such an improbable theory and to say at the end that it ?will never be provable? is, rather.. well... irresponsible.

If he has a theory, he should try to proof it.  Is he interviewing German veterans?  Is he trying to find proof in German archives?  No? he is waiting for ?some old German to pop up to say, "oh, yes, I did paint that, by the way..."

I understand now, why the uncle of my grandfather was so hungry and frozen in Russia...because the "F?hrer" wants to show captured Sovietplanes in German colors...There was no reason enought to send food and cloth.

Ron, I really liked better your original post written in anger.  Pilawskii?s text does show Germans as strange people.

BTW, Pilawskii has already been called Munchhausen on scalemodels.ru forum.

Cheers,
KL
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:28:28 PM by KL » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »

I guess that I'm not the only one that finds his theory... too original.
E. Pilawskii?s theory is a total nonsense!

Hi Konstantin,
I meant this, of course.
By the way, I had the suspect that he hates a lot that profile of MiG-3 with strange polichromatic camouflage that I made from the famous photo; at first he wrote his theory that it was simply grey over green, then, after some months, that it was repainted by Germans...
I hadn't suspected that a simple profile could inspire such insane theories.

Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2010, 01:31:36 AM »

Hey Massimo - Regarding paint colours and matching of hobby paints, this article from the Cybermodeler site looks very interesting:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/color/intro2.shtml

I can think of some possibilities, which unfortunately will probably never happen:
(1) Apply this technique to various GPW artifacts, such as those at the museums in Finland;
(2) Apply it to the Albom Nakrasok;
(3) Apply it to the Akan range of paints, although that's unfair to Mr. Akanikhin, but it would allow those who do not have the opportunity to buy these paints to find equivalents which are more easily available.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2010, 08:14:45 AM »

Topic Summary
Posted on: March 31, 2010, 05:31:36 PMPosted by: John Thompson 
Insert Quote
Hey Massimo - Regarding paint colours and matching of hobby paints, this article from the Cybermodeler site looks very interesting:
http://www.cybermodeler.com/color/intro2.shtml

I can think of some possibilities, which unfortunately will probably never happen:
(1) Apply this technique to various GPW artifacts, such as those at the museums in Finland;
(2) Apply it to the Albom Nakrasok;
(3) Apply it to the Akan range of paints, although that's unfair to Mr. Akanikhin, but it would allow those who do not have the opportunity to buy these paints to find equivalents which are more easily available.

John

Hi John,
yes, this technique seems interesting. It could be an interesting publicity for AKAN colors to be mentioned aside to those of other firms.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »

Hi,
I've written to the holder of that site. He would be interested to see chips of Akan paints for Soviet planes to include them but he lacks of chips of colors to scan. Is there anyone, here, owing that paints and willing to make some chips for him and for me for a direct comparison with FS and other catalogues, please?
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2010, 12:51:49 AM »

Hi,
I've written to the holder of that site. He would be interested to see chips of Akan paints for Soviet planes to include them but he lacks of chips of colors to scan. Is there anyone, here, owing that paints and willing to make some chips for him and for me for a direct comparison with FS and other catalogues, please?
Massimo

I've got the six acrylic colours included in the "WWII Soviet Aviation 1943-45 Six-Pack Combo", as it's called on the Linden Hill site; these are A-14, AMT-7, AMT-11, AMT-12, AII KR Red, and white. I'm hoping to get 2 or 3 other colours from Linden Hill, when and if he gets a restock of some sold out ones, but this will probably not be soon. What size of colour samples does Benolkin need in order to take measurements? Where do I send them?

Perhaps there are some European modelbuilders who have other Akan paints to provide samples?

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »

I've got the six acrylic colours included in the "WWII Soviet Aviation 1943-45 Six-Pack Combo", as it's called on the Linden Hill site; these are A-14, AMT-7, AMT-11, AMT-12, AII KR Red, and white. I'm hoping to get 2 or 3 other colours from Linden Hill, when and if he gets a restock of some sold out ones, but this will probably not be soon. What size of colour samples does Benolkin need in order to take measurements? Where do I send them?

Perhaps there are some European modelbuilders who have other Akan paints to provide samples?

John

Thank you John, Smiley
perhaps it's better to wait that you receive further paints before sending chips.
I don't think that any particular size is preferred.
Please, keep me informed.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2010, 12:02:39 PM »

Hi,
I've asked informations about the relic of an I-15bis preserved in the Finnish Air Force Museum to its director, Mr.Rauni Valtonen.
He has kindly sent to me a photo of a piece of fabric, where both part of a red star with black outline and of the green are visible.
The green is olivish and not particularly dark, so AII green looks very likely. The piece of fabric looks silver on its inner face.
Massimo
KL

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2010, 06:40:47 AM »

I've asked informations about the relic of an I-15bis preserved in the Finnish Air Force Museum to its director, Mr.Rauni Valtonen.
He has kindly sent to me a photo of a piece of fabric, where both part of a red star with black outline and of the green are visible.
The green is olivish and not particularly dark, so AII green looks very likely. The piece of fabric looks silver on its inner face.

Hi Massimo,

Great news!!!

When was this I-15bis shot down, during the Winter War or later during the Continuation War? If it was a Continuation War victim, AMT colours are an option.  What was the colour of lower surfaces?

Akanihin?s AII Z (AII Green) or AKAN No 318 should be authentic; it is based on a factory (Zavod 1?) piece of fabric painted with AII Z which is now in M. Orlov?s collection.

M. Orlov (left) and A. Akanihin comparing AII Z sample with ?Albom Nakrasok? samples.

AKAN 318 compared with the original AII Z painted piece of fabric from Orlov?s collection.

Cheers,
KL
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:14:41 AM by KL » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »

Hi Konstantin,
here are some answers from Mr. Valtonen.

They have some parts of I-15bis c/n 5275. This fighter made a forced landing on the frozen Lake Kiantaj?rvi in the Northern Finland in December 1939. The pilot survived but the aircraft sank through the ice to the bottom.
In 1972 an attempt to salvage the wreck was made. A wire was fastened to it and it was then dragged along the bottom some 3 km to the shore by a boat.
During this operation the wreck was nearly destroyed. For example the engine came off and lies still in the lake.
In their stores they have the fuel tank, a one meter long piece of the rear fuselage top skin, a piece of the exhaust collector and small pieces of fuselage, wing and landing gear covering.

I'll publish the image soon.

Best regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

By the way, I can't see your images.
Massimo
KL

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2010, 12:16:24 AM »

By the way, I can't see your images.
Massimo

Is it better now???
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2010, 12:26:44 PM »

Hi Konstantin,
yes, now I see them.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2010, 07:03:52 AM »

Hi,
here is the image of I-15bis kindly sent by Mr. Valtonen.
Massimo

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »

This may be of interest - Michael Benolkin's first steps into the treacherous swamp of VVS GPW colour analysis Wink :

http://www.cybermodeler.com/color/vvs_comp.shtml

John
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: