Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
provisional table of colors
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:22:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: provisional table of colors  (Read 83284 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »

Hello Massimo:

Good work on this table,it is a good reference for modellers.
Regarding the colours of the republican flag during de SCW,one spanish modeller recommended me to use the following Humbrol paints because they are a pretty close match:

-RED: H153 Insignia Red
-YELLOW: H154 Insignia Yellow
-Purple: H68 Purple (out of production)

I?ve painted the rudder of a Eduard I-16 with these colours and I think they?re accurate,at least to me.

Greetings.

Martin

Hi Martin,
thank you for your suggestions and compliments for your new model.
To tell the truth, I've found electronic chips that are more dull, but I am not able to say what match is better.
Surprisingly, the restored planes of Cuatro Vientos bear a sort of blue instead of purple.
Any help with the colors of the Spanish Republican  (and maybe nationalist too) air force would be welcomed.
I have found some forums (on suggestion of Konstantin) in Spanish; I can read it, more or less, but not quickly nor post questions in Spanish.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/394728/
http://www.foroaviones.com/foro/showthread.php?t=5246
In particular, I think that other colors as browns were utilized on SB, and it could be useful to identify the shades, if possible. I think that the thing was discussed on the AWF, now suppressed.

Massimo

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:39:21 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2009, 07:48:54 AM »

Hi Massimo,
You have done an excellent job.
But would you correct the names for the new colors please?
24ng - brown green
22Lg - light green
2Le   - yellow green
3ie   - sand
3ng  - brown
23pi - green
Cheers
 Ron

Hi Ron,
thank you, I'll correct the names.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2009, 08:20:31 AM »

Hi Massimo,

I would like some help to find matches of colors of many firms for modelistic use with the AKAN and FS identified till now. I can do this for Humbrol because I usually utilize them, but I would like some help with other firms, because I can't buy tons of paints that I won't utilize.
Eventually we could use as a base the Ipms color cross-reference guide of Klaus, but it's a book of nearly 20 years ago and I would check its indications.

I can try to match Tamiya flats to Akan and FS.
Also I have some WEM that I can try to match whatever their name was.

The only culprit is that I'm not sure my matches will be OK.
In fact I intend to paint some paint chips on cardboard and then scan them to compare them to AKAN and FS.
I can't find another way other than buying AKAN and FS color chips.
I'm open to suggestions ;-)

As for the IPMS color reference book do you have it in electronic format?

All the best.

Jean

Hi Jean,
thank you for your help.
To make well such comparison, it would be good to have AKAN paints (I don't have them yet) or a FS catalogue (I have this). One can deduct AKAN and FS colors from the screen, but every passage between electronic and painted form adds errors.
Eventually, have you some Humbrol paints as a reference, so you can scan /photo the Tamiya chips and other chips side by side in the same image to allow people to estimate video calibration?

As an alternative: we could look for anyone that already has AKAN paints and could kindly send chips to you (and maybe to me) for the comparison.

Massimo

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:40:57 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
marluc

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 12:14:40 PM »

Heloo Massimo:
Surprisingly, the restored planes of Cuatro Vientos bear a sort of blue instead of purple.
According to spanish sources,this colour was something between blue and red and has not an exact shade.

I have found some forums (on suggestion of Konstantin) in Spanish; I can read it, more or less, but not quickly nor post questions in Spanish.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/394728/
I?m a "member" (or participant) of this spanish forum,although I?m not so active lately;you can make any question thru me.
Greetings.

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2009, 03:55:54 PM »

I?m a "member" (or participant) of this spanish forum,although I?m not so active lately;you can make any question thru me.
Greetings.

Hi Martin,
thank you for your kindness.
The question is if there were standard colors for Republican planes and, as a second thing, for Nationalist captured planes too. For what I know, the chips identified on the forum already linked could also be Russian colors.
Besides: what is the general opinion on the colors of the restored planes of the Cuatro Vientos museum, those of I-15 and I-16 in particular? Are they reliable?
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 01:36:13 PM »

Hello Massimo:

I?ll make your questions in the forum.

Besides: what is the general opinion on the colors of the restored planes of the Cuatro Vientos museum, those of I-15 and I-16 in particular? Are they reliable?
I must say that the opinion is that colours are not accurate.
Greetings:

Martin
marluc

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »

Hello Massimo:

There is an answer to your question in Aeronet GCE by Isaac Montoya,who published the samples you linked.This is the link:http://www.network54.com/Forum/394728/message/1259593712/Colores+en+aviones+de+la+Guerra+Civil
As soon as I can,I?ll send you a translation by mail.Greetings.

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 10:21:53 PM »

Thank you very much Martin.
I've received and answered your email.
There is written also of a red chip... it would be interesting to see it.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »

Hi,
I've updated the table of colors with a table of matches between FS, Akan and Humbrol for light blues. I'll make the same work with other colors as soon as possible. Again, if someone helps me, we could make the same for other colors.

Jean, if you want, I can send to you a card with samples of Humbrol paints, so you can scan or photograph the matches to Tamiya colors and send to me the scans; I can calibrate the scans with Photoshop and make an indirect comparison between Akan and Tamiya.

Massimo
Apex1701

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 12:40:53 AM »

Hi Massimo,

good idea to send me your Humbrols card.
I'll scan them alongside the Tamiya and WEM colors I have.

Jean
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »

Hi,
I've updated the color table, thanks to the help of Mr. Akanihin.

I forgot: Jean, I have still some color to paint before sending my chips to you. I'll make it soon.
Massimo

KL

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »

Hi Massimo,

I coppied your colour table into MS Word, made some corrections, added few lines and organized colours chronologically:

It looks (to me) that it shows nicely what colours to use and what colours not to use for a given period.

If you like it, I can e-mail you entire word document.

Cheers,
KL
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 12:38:27 AM »

This is looking better and better all the time! When complete, it will really be a valuable resource for VVS modelbuilders - thank you Massimo, and Konstantin, too.

I just wish Akan paints were more available in North America. I bought the 1943 - 1945 "Six Pack Combo" immediately after Linden Hill Imports got their Akan acrylics in stock, but I overlooked the AII Z Green as an individual bottle, and it was sold out before I realized I'd missed it!  Cry

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »

Hi Massimo,

I coppied your colour table into MS Word, made some corrections, added few lines and organized colours chronologically:

Hi Konstantin,
this looks a good idea. Please, send the file.
If I don't remember wrong, there should be also a table for colors before 1937.
Besides something should be clarified about AE-7, I have already expressed my idea on Arcforum but I haven't confirmations yet. If it is right, it could be the color of metallic parts of early MiG-3s. I'll ask Akanihin on this idea; it would require to compare the remains of veesivehhma depot with those of the SB of Isaac Montoya.
This is looking better and better all the time! When complete, it will really be a valuable resource for VVS modelbuilders - thank you Massimo, and Konstantin, too.

Thank you John.
I've received a link of an Ukrainan shop where those paints are available, but I don't like to buy things abroad for the difficulty of payment.

Massimo

bonifaz

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »

To John and Massimo,
look at your personal messages, please. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: