Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-16 type 28 - looking for painting scheme
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 06:31:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I-16 type 28 - looking for painting scheme  (Read 5021 times)
Audrius

« on: April 03, 2006, 01:18:08 PM »

hello,

due to obtained ICM kit of I-16 type 28 started to look arround for an interesting painting scheme. Thought a fellas there could help on the subject.

If there is in your possesion, please provide pictures or sources where I could find some nice camo for the model.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 11:38:44 PM »

I've built one on the base of the drawings of EP. Nice. Unfortunately I haven't any photo of the original one.
It shouldn't be difficult to convert it into another version, should interesting schemes justify this.
I don't like its winshield, to tell the truth.
Massimo Smiley
Audrius

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 07:13:14 AM »

I don't like its winshield, to tell the truth.Massimo Smiley

What is wrong with the windshield? Is it the thickness or geometry? I have not yet examined it in details so far. Would like to hear oppinion of those who has worked with this kit already.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:12:39 AM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
I've seen a photo of the built model on a magazine. The inclination of the windshield is by far too low. Sadly, this is by far more visible than the errors on wing shape of the Hasegawa kit. Cry
Luckily, it's not too difficult to thermoform one on the base of another windshield. Undecided
I've bought two ICM kits at very low price.
One will be corrected with a thermoformed canopy of Falcon, the other one... perhaps I'll kitbash it with an Amodel type 5, or I'll look for some non-standard windshield (I saw at least one type in photos), or I'll use the piece of an old Revell kit, or I'll use pieces advanced from kitbashing for the diorama of a wreck with broken  windshield.
 Of course, this solution is good for a model only, I can't make a whole line of wrecks without windshield.
Else I would have boughty more than two kits for 3,90 Euro.

Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: