Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 01:36:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 159140 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2016, 09:15:08 AM »

Hi Marco,
I suggest not to use those drawings to make the masks of the stars, I am not sure that there is not any perspectical warping to adapt them to curved surfaces. You can easly find other stars of the same size.
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2016, 11:17:29 AM »

Wonderful job, Marco!
Mr.Surfacer is a great help to achieve smooth surfaces, especially after massive scratch-building Wink.
You can add extra smoothness with Alclad II Micromesh polishing clothes.
learstang

« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »

Nice, Marco - you finally got her primed! I look forward to seeing the camouflage on her.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Markino

« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2016, 05:42:25 PM »

Hi guys, thanks for your replies!

@Massimo: Massimo, looking at the pictures of white 20 and the corresponding colors profiles, I think they are the best at the moment, at least as regards to numbers 20 and rudder's stars. Rudder's stars of 14, 22 and 44 are practically the same of number 20; the number 20 also are practically the same of the pictures, as position and size (IMHO).
So, if you are agree I will use the rudder's stars and number 20 of your color profiles. For the stars of down side wing I am looking for good informations;if some guy has some good information about it, this would be much appreciated... Grin Grin.
The same applies if I have done some bad judgment as written above ...

@Otto: thanks for your suggestion! When I shall return from holidays, I will take them surely!

@Jason: Me too jason... Wink. After repairing some small flaws highlighted by primer, I will go on for the camo...

Thanks for all your helps and suggestions! Ciao!!

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »

Hi Marco,
if you want, please feel free to use the profiles as a base for your masks.
I hope to see your work soon.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #320 on: August 19, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »

Many thanks Massimo! Next I will use Rhinoceros to get the stars and numbers profiles and I will try to find a rhino output format to convert next in .svg and use this with the cutting plotter.
If anyone knows the rhinoceros program, suggestions for formats conversion are veeery appreciated... Grin.

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #321 on: August 19, 2016, 04:31:28 PM »

Found! From Rhino "save as" .dxf file, then by http://www.dxfconverter.org/ convert it in .svg file... Grin

Now I start to work on it with .bmp files to insert on rhino and obtain the correct shapes... Wink

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »

Hi Marco,
this is interesting. Eventually, could the same method be utilized to vectorialize images to print on decals paper?
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2016, 02:56:20 PM »

Hi Massimo, I think yes...insted cutting by cutting plotter you should to print by printer.
The only difference is that for cutting plotter I need only the outline, while for decals you need colors also, but basically the procedure for vectorialize images is the same...(IMHO)

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »

Hi Marco,
is the vectorizing procedure automatic or manual?
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2016, 06:42:08 PM »

Hi Massimo, the procedure is...exquisitely manual... Cry

Honestly I don't know if there is an automatic procedure. In Rhino I think not...

Next time I post the procedure I use step by step...

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2016, 06:47:27 PM »

I guys, I realized star and number 20 starting from massimo's color drawing profiles. Here the step by step procedure I use to do it:

Getting images from Internet (Massimo courtesy):

Cut out of the image by Microsoft Office Picture Manager, paying attention at the length from spinner starter crank to tail light:

Printed obtained image and "brute" comparison with scale drawings (sheet behind):

Image imported to Inkscape and resized, mantaining aspect ratio, for length of 183,5 mm (I assume this as scale correct length..IMHO):

Resizing the whole sheet with the same dimensions of the image box (otherwise is difficult to export in Rhino only the images; entire sheet is exported):

Then the file was saved as .PNG to import in Rhino.

Another quick check to the dimensions...

Image elaborated in Rhino with profiles of number 20 and star:

I made two kind of number 20. I tried to obtain correct numbers profile mantaining a constant offset (2,2 mm measured on the printed image). Azure lines on the background color profile are the first step, "A" and "B" numbers are the result.

Number 0 is in two different shapes: "A" zero profile is obtained straight from picture, but I think is too squared...
Then I made a second 0, the "B" one using the round top of number 2. Checking at photos of white 20 (http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/44iap/44iap20.html), I think "B" 20 is most correct than "A" 20.

What do you think about, guys?

Many thanks in advance for your impressions and comments.

Ciao!

Marco

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:49:28 PM by Markino » Logged

Markino

« Reply #327 on: August 28, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »

Hi guys, here the last step to obtain svg file for cutting plotter. Rudder star and number 20 are now in the correct dimensions for cutting.

What do you think about numbers? Which do you think is the most correct profiles between A and B?

Many thanks for your impressions! Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2016, 08:41:20 PM »

Hi Marco,
interesting procedure.
I think that the shape B is better than A.
I wait to see the end of the work soon.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2016, 04:40:33 PM »

Hi Massimo, yes, the procedure is a bit intricate but at the end I've obtained the profile I wanted. Next days I will try to cut masks and several tests with spraying.

Do you think the stars was all with the same dimensions or the tail's stars was smaller than fuselage and wings ones?

Ciao!

Marco

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
  Print  

Jump to: