Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 06:31:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 159284 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »

Hi Marco,
hard to say from the photos... but you can check on your model, looking at the positions where the stars start  and end (distance from leading edge and ailerons line).
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2016, 06:24:24 PM »

Hi Massimo, I am trying to determine the position of the stars under the wing. I am using white 25 photos because the better visible stars under the wings. No other "strange numbers" plane show well the stars under wings.

I notice also your "strange numbers" color profile have red stars under the wings... Do you have a color bottom view also? How did you do to draw the star in that position?

Ciao!

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Markino

« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »

I did a quick test...I tried to determine the main axis of the star on this photos (strange numbers white 25):

Then by Rhino and the scale drawing bottom view I tried to put the stars in the positions I think that would be right; stars are slightly bigger than the tail's one. For information rudder's star is 17 mm from point to point horizontal line, while the under wing ones are 19,3 mm on the same horizontal line:

What do you think about guys? It seems credible or I'm saying a stupid thing?

Many thanks for your impressions! Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #333 on: September 01, 2016, 09:12:53 PM »

Hi Marco,
I utilized the aileron lines of the profile to put the stars into position, more or less as you did on your lower view.
Your sketch looks good to my eye.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:01 PM »

Hi guys, here some updates on the LaGG...

I move slightly forward the stars under the wings and I set some dimensions as reference:

Preshading:

White and red for numbers and stars:

Stars and numbers masks:

A II Z Green:

Here I modified by photoshop the top view of Massimo's drawings, trying to arrange the camo pattern on the rear fuselage as per lateral views, showing in photos and color drawings (http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/44iap/44iap20.html).
What do you think about this, guys?

Many thanks for your impression and opinions!

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #335 on: September 27, 2016, 06:19:26 AM »

Hi Marco,
impressive work as always.
You are right showing a sort of discontinuity on the back, close to the tail.  Perhaps the green 'way' between the black bands is a bit more rounded or inclined, but your modification looks good.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2016, 09:52:58 AM »

Hi Massimo, yes I done the modification real quick last night.

Perhaps the green 'way' between the black bands is a bit more rounded or inclined

Before long I will do more calmly and I show you the results.

Many thanks for your impressions! Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #337 on: October 03, 2016, 10:42:14 AM »

Hi guys, some updates about camo.

After the green I tried to do a masking using Uhu Patafix and paper masks. After a test on a sample piece I noticed that Patafix leaves a halo on the painted area, so I opted for piece of little rolls tape to fix the paper masks:

Unfortunately, after removing masks rollin tapes also leave a signs on the painting...so next I will have to wipe them with Alclad Micromesh clotes...

Next time I will post picture of as above...stay tuned... Smiley

Ciao!

Marco

otto

« Reply #338 on: October 03, 2016, 11:31:16 AM »

Impressive job, Marco. Your method of painting insignia before the camouflage is interesting.
What paint did you use? On my Terminator I did't have problems with the Patafix. I used Tamya and Gunze paint thinned with Tamiya lacquer thinner, the one with the pale yellow cap. It makes the paint strong and resistant. When using the traditional Tamiya thinner with white cap, the paint takes a long time to get completely dry, and it's very sensitive to fingerprints and, perhaps, Patafix.
Markino

« Reply #339 on: October 03, 2016, 02:01:59 PM »

Hi Otto, I use the Akan acrylic laquer paint. They are fantastic used by airbrush but they are very sensitive too to the tape.
In my past models I used paints as Humbrol, Tamiya, Gunze, Aircraft Colours and I haven't problem with masking tape...till now... Angry...

As I said, Akan acrylic laquer are good airbrush colours but too sensitive...handle with care... Wink

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2016, 09:41:20 AM »

Hi Marco, hi Otto,
I seldom use masks, but I suspect that it's better if only masking tape or masking adhesive paper comes in contact with the paint. Once, I utilized an adhesive paper for printers and it stripped some chips of paint (fom the Khalid, my Jordanian Challenger).
Later i attached the adhesive printed paper to a masking paper and hadn't this problem on the ZTZ-99.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #341 on: October 12, 2016, 11:34:23 PM »

Hi guys, here some pictures of un-masquerade LaGG:

Most of the work is done. There are only tweaks here and there. These paints are very shining and I confirm veeery sensitive... They are the thinner of itself...if you insist too much in one area there is a risk of also removing the paint on previously.....

What are you think about? Which your impressions, guys?

Next I will airbrushing Future wax to set the stencils from Authentic Decals set n?48-25; I will use the white stencils, I think is the correct one, right?

Ciao!

Marco
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:37:47 PM by Markino » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #342 on: October 14, 2016, 06:35:23 AM »

Hi Marco,
looks great, as usual.
I think to see some thin white lines around the star on the tail. Is this real, and wanted?
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #343 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:23 AM »

Hi Massimo, around the tail stars there is a veeery small edge (perhaps one-tenth of a millimeter, in truth) and the camera flash has highlighted them, making them look bigger than they are and look them as white. The edges are the results of the stars masks removing. I think they disappears with next clear coating....I hope... Shocked

Could you confirm service stencils was white for these kind of planes?

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #344 on: October 14, 2016, 11:21:51 AM »

Hi Marco,
I confirm that there are photos of LaGG-3s with apparently white stenciling. About the photos where stenciling is not visible, I guess it's the same.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25
  Print  

Jump to: