Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 01:43:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 159265 times)
Markino

« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2014, 11:10:46 AM »

Hello guys, some wing updates:

Wing reinforcement above and below the wing, built by aluminium metal tape and engraving of panel and inspection doors (not much visible):

And oval wing air intakes with grid:

That's all for now...

Now I proceed with fuselage. Could you confirm, please, planes of zavod 23, IAP 44 was with only 3 machine guns on the engine cowling?

Many thanks. Ciao.

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
KL

« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2014, 06:01:58 AM »

Could you confirm, please, planes of zavod 23, IAP 44 was with only 3 machine guns on the engine cowling?

It should be equivalent to Zavod 21 Series 4:
2 ShKAS
1 UBS
1 ShVAK

Regards,
KL
Markino

« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »

Hi KL, many thanks for your reply  Smiley.
I am a bit confuse, here: http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/44iap/44iap44.html is write:

• 1 UB 12,7 mm mm firing through the propeller shaft;
  • 1 12,7 UB machine gun guns on the left side of the engine cowling, and relative holes on the left side of the cowling;
  • 2  7,62 mm ShKAS machine guns on the engine cowling;

So, if I well understand: 1 machine gun firing through propeller shaft and 3 machine guns firing on engine cowling, it is right?
In this case I must to remove the right front machine gun, right?
Thanks for your patience...

Ciao!

Marco

KL

« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2014, 08:30:48 PM »

In the beginning of LaGG-3 production ShVAK cannons were not available.  Because of this shortage first 3 series made by Zavod 21 had UB heavy mg instead of cannon installed between engine blocks.
In summer 1941 factories started to receive and install ShVAK cannons.  At the same time decision was made to lighten the airframe, so one UBS was deleted.  These modification are known in modern literature as "LaGG-3 Series 4".

LaGG-3s made by Zavod 23 in Leningrad in summer 1941 should have been modified in similar way and should have had ShVAK cannons firing through propeller shaft, but photos taken in 44 iap in fall 1941 show that planes have smaller mgs firing through the propeller shaft.

LaGG-3 of the "Zavod 23 last series" completed in Sept 1941 (probably with UB firing through propeller shaft)

Zavod 21 LaGG-3 completed in Aug 1941 (probably with ShVAK firing through propeller shaft)

So, after examining the photos, Massimo is probably right - 2 ShKAS, 1UBS and 1 UB firing through propeller shaft
HTH,
KL  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:03:54 PM by KL » Logged
Markino

« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2014, 02:50:44 PM »

Hi Konstantin many thanks for your reply and explanations.....and patience, too... Smiley!

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »

Hello guys, looking to several pictures I see inside the wheels bay seems to have some reinforcement plates:

I sketched my impressions:

What do you think about, please? Do you have some informations about? They was standard or a sort of field reparations?

Many thanks for your impressions! Ciao!

Marco
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:47:49 PM by Markino » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2014, 07:11:53 PM »

Hi Marco,
it is regular enough to be considered a constructive characteristic. I think that there is a manual of LaGG-3 somewhere in the web. I don't think that they reinforce anything, but close access to somerthing.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2014, 11:58:54 AM »

Hi Massimo, thanks for your reply. I have several manual about LaGG-3 and some parts of technical manuals, totally almost 2,9 GB of documentation, but I have no found informations for these inspection doors, me too think this was the real purpose of this doors.

Looking on the web for this items, with words "шасси ЛаГГ-3" (LaGG-3 landing gear), I have seen some other identical discussions, but not explanation about or technical reference as manuals or catalogue of parts.

I hope some members could to have documentation about.

Ciao.

Marco

Markino

« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »

Hello guys, does anyone have ideas about inspection doors in the wheels bay?

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2014, 06:40:52 PM »

Hello folks, I have built some new item on the LaGG:

The template used to create by splitting the external plastic of  1 mm electrical wire the leather protection of the cockpit edge and the cockpit edge leather protection glued; exhaust stacks protection plates also reproduced by adhesive aluminium tape:

The drain pipes into the wheels bay, made by  syringe needles gauge G31 (0,25 mm external diameter):

The inspection doors inside the wheels bay, as I discussed previous time, reproduced by adhesive papaer:

Comments and suggestions always well accepted!!

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2014, 07:03:53 AM »

Hi Marco,
impressive work as always.
The idea of a plastic template to cut the insulation is very interesting.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »

Ciao Massimo, yes this is the kit of templates & special equipments... and it's not ended yet....sob! Sad

Ciao!

Marco

learstang

« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2014, 06:26:46 PM »

Amazing work on that cockpit, Marco! Bellissima!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »

Marco,

Impressive build.
Great to see this one finished.
You're a Master.

Michel
Markino

« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »

Hello guys, many thanks for your appreciation. Not a master....just a foolish.. Wink

Ciao!

Marco

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: