Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 06:56:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 158850 times)
Markino

« on: January 08, 2010, 02:13:48 AM »

Hello guys,
I hope to do the right thing posting here my presentation. I apoligise also for my bad English.
Many thanks to Massimo for his approvation (and JP also I think).
Some of you already knew me, maybe you remember my LaGG-3 questions about control column and white number 44...
I am glad to meet you once again!

Best Regards

Marco
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:50:40 PM by Markino » Logged

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 12:14:03 PM »

Benvenuto Marco!
By the way, what about your LaGG?
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thanks for your wellcome to me. About my LaGG-3, Vector made, I started with a dry build (sorry, I do not know the correct way to translate "montaggio a secco"  Embarrassed) to take some main measures about the kit.
It results underscaled: wingspan 2 mm shortest and lenght about 4 mm shortest  Shocked Shocked. Then I compared the kit main parts with Aviakollectzia monography draws, corrected for 1/48 scale. The main problem is the fuselage, already short and undersized also  Shocked. The corrections will be quite hard.
If you wish I taked some photos about troubles and I could post them. Maybe I could post the photos in the dedicated place.

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 09:11:38 PM »

Hi Marco,
so, the Vector kit has some dimensional problems?  Are them visible by eye, or only when compared to drawings and measures?
I fear that the correction will be very hard. If the shape is acceptable at a forst sight, I suggest to avoid to risk a so expensive kit.
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »

Hi Massimo,
if you are agree we could move this discussion in "General modeling" or "Model kits" wich is more appropriate.
Is possible to move the entire discussion? Maybe other members could be interested to discuss about.

Ciao.

Marco

JP
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 02:36:07 AM »

Moved.   Wink
Markino

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »

Hello Guys,
These are some pics about my troubles with Vector's LaGG-3. What you can see the main problem is the shortest fuselages. The two fusolages are diferent among each also  Shocked. Minor problems with main wing. I think the corrections will be very hard for fuselages, minus for main wing. I appreciate your suggestions about this troubles.
Regards.

Marco

Markino

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »

Hello guys!
This some pics about comparation between kit fuselages and Aviakollectzia's drawings. Apart from main wing, where corrections will be quite easy, corrections on fuselages will be more difficult but not impossibles (....I hope).
Please, tell me what do you think about and yours suggestions.
Ok, now it works well  Grin Grin.
Regards.

Marco

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:25:18 AM by Markino » Logged

marluc

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »

Hello Marco:

Welcome to the forum.Nice project,the Lagg-3 is one of my favourite soviet planes.If you want to modify the lenght of the fuselage,you?ll must be very careful because,sometimes,the resin tends to be brittle.It looks like you have a good book as a reference.
It?s great to see a new "work in progress" around here,thanks for sharing it with us.Greetings.

Martin
Markino

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 09:47:09 PM »

Hi Martin,
I think the main problems is no the brittle resin, but where to cut to modify the fuselages. Is quite sure that some nice kit details will be lost by corrections  Cry. I will must to study  well the corrections path.
Regards.

Marco

marluc

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:28:30 AM »

I think the main problems is no the brittle resin, but where to cut to modify the fuselages. Is quite sure that some nice kit details will be lost by corrections 
Yes,you?re right,you can?t cut the nose without losing the surface detail,at the same time you should avoid cutting the wing roots.It?s really a hard work to extend the fuselage,keep us posted.Greetings Marco.

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 08:32:13 AM »

Hi Marco,
in my idea, the worst defect of the model is not his lack of length, that is unvisible without the comparison to drawings that can be done only when the model is disassembled; the worst, and more visible, defect is that the canopy is too low in the fuselage, and the step between the nose and the rear back is too scarce. This is visible on photos of the complete model too, and probably derives from a defect of Voronin drawings.
I suggest to study if it is possible to make the nose lower with a file, and then fit the canopy all the same (maybe completing the lower frame with a strip of painted paper to close a gap).

Massimo
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:34:24 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Greg C.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 02:57:54 AM »

Hi Markino,
Just my opinion, but I would not worry much about the dimensions in this case.  Drawings vary widely, and it's very difficult to be certain of the accuracy of a particular set of drawings unless you can verify them against the real airplane.
Markino

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »

Hi Greg,
thanks for your reply. You have right, but the kit is dimensionally unaccurate and my intend is to correct these troubles. I agree with you when you say that set of drawings can vary videly, but I have not possibilty to measure the real plane  Sad, so I can only try to determine wich set of drawings are more correct than other and use these to make corrections.
Since now I consider Aviakollectzia's drawings better than other, but is only my personal point of view of course.
I will appreciate if you or somebody could suggest me other set of drawings, better than Aviakollectzia's drawings, for cheking.
I think however that this system could allow me to reduce the kit's defects and, at the same time, have a good dimensional precision. Surely better than kit offered.

Regards  Smiley Smiley.

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 08:22:15 PM »

Hi,
some drawings of LaGG-3 corrected from Voronin's drawings by a Russian researcher will be uploaded soon on the LaGG-3 page. I don't know if they are better or worse than those of Aviacollectia, I suppose better.
Massimo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: