Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 05:55:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 158849 times)
Markino

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »

Hi Massimo,
this is a very interesting news  Smiley. In this case I will wait for the drawings and if you are agree I could compare the LaGG-3 page drawings with Aviakollectzia's drawings. How many time you think for drawings availability on LaGG-3 page?

Regards.

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »

Very few time.
The file is nearly ready to upload, I'm just waiting for AR writes to me the full name of Pavel, the author, to credit the work.
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 10:56:54 PM »

Hello guys,
somebody could give me the total span of the tail orizontal stabilizer? Many thanks in advance  Smiley.
Meanwhile the drawings comparisons are go on....a bit slowly  Sad Sad.
Regards.

Marco

Markino

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »

Hi guys,
Finally I succeeded to compare the two drawings set, those of Aviacolleczia and those of mig3sovietwarplanes. Here are some pictures about comparison (red for Aviacolleczia?s drawings and black for mig3sovietwarplanes?s drawings).

As you can see there are some noticeable differences, mainly in the side views comparison. For this aim, I get as reference the rear fuselage and I tried to arrange they well I was able to. Is odd as Aviacolleczia?s fuselages seem to curve upwards with respect to mig3sovietwarplanes?s drawings, but I don?t know why.
Is my opinion that mig3sovietwarplanes?s drawings are more correct in comparison with several other I saw, and trying to compare them with LaGG-3 wartime photos. It could be interesting to compare fuselages side drawings with LaGG-3 side views photos; if somebody has some good photos about, I could try to do that.
So I decided to assume mig3swps drawings as primary reference.

As consequence, I decided to modify the kit?s fuselages as shown in photos below:

For now?that?s all Folks! Please let me know what do you think about.

Regards.

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »

Hi Marco,
it's a risky work, also because of the uncertainty of drawings. AR wrote that Pavel, the author of the correction, is sure about the wooden part of fuselage and wing because he has drawings with measures; he's less sure about the nose. The Finnish gave a length, but it is not clear if referred to LG-1 or LG-3, that wre of different versions with different weapons protruding through the spinner.
However, the model of Vector is clearly wrong, at a first glance, and a correction could be good.
I don't suggest to cut the fuselage through the cockpit and wingroots, this could turn in a terrible damage of details and an impossibility to align well the wingroot. I would suggest to cut horizontally  behind the small rear window, and join this to the vertical cut.  The vertical cut itself could be shifted  or rotated to join to the opening for the wing rear edge.
Or maybe, to make only a cut from the rear edge of wing recess to the lower edge of the rear window. Of course, you'll have to add plastic to all the side of the canopy recess.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 07:32:07 AM »

I would add that one has to think to the windshield. Will it fit after this modification? The rear part should be aligned to the upper profile of the rear fuselage, so it should appear a gap after the modification.
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thanks for your reply. By your suggestion I have been think to another way for modifications. I show you a couple of pictures to better explane it:

About the windshield, after fuselages modifications I think to modify or, most probable, completely rebuild it  Angry. Difficult but not impossible  Wink Wink.

Tanks in advance for your next suggestions  Smiley!!

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »

Hi Marco,
from those drawings, I can't exactly see how the wingroot was on the drawings, in comparison to the fuselage of the kit. I suppose that the distance between the spinner and wingroot is the same on both.

A vertical cut in the rear fuselage is very difficult to  mask. Adding 3,5 mm  can create a step in the profile and sides of the fuselage. Such a step is nearly impossible to mask: you would have to file or fill all the rear fuselage to make the profile straight again. Cuts should be made where the fuselage thickness is costant (no good place on LaGG-3) or where there is a curved part (as the ventral cooler), so you can fill and file only a brief part to bend the profile. Such difficulty is not clearly visible when one compares profiles, but if it generates a visible defect on the mode, this is much worse than an unvisible one.

Besides, the profile of the canopy recess has to be moved upwards by adding plastic; so, adding 1 or 2 mm has the same difficulty. I would suggest to glue thick pieces of clear plastic into the recesses of rear windows (3.5 mm longer on the front), fill and file them, then paint the filled part. They have not important reasons to be thin: they were closed by wood panels just inside.

Besides, you have to check with photos the shape of rear windows that are clearly different between the model and the drawings.
At the end, I suggest to save the internal details by cutting obliquely from the wingroot end recess to the window recess, then to rebuilt the border of the canopy.

As an alternative: did you check the ICM kit? It's unexpensive and perhaps has less problems of shape.

Massimo
Markino

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thanks for your reply. Well:

In the draw, from the fuselafe spinner plate to the wingroot (air intake) there are 26 mm. On the kit, from the same reference to the same point there are 28 mm. I think however that adding 2 mm about on the wingroot air intake and reshaping it (both side  Wink) the trouble should be correct.

I do not think that vertical cut will be so difficult to do well. After add 3,5 mm the profile will be shaped (it result at moment in a conical shape); then the front kit part will be connected, glued and re-shaped.
It is a bit long and precision job, but I think it is possible.

The windshield and his place will be completely rebuild. The place itself will be distort after "cut & paste" job.

About rear windows kit, I think they are not so different from the draw. I think they need a reshaped job. The internal details are not more in place. I sanded completely the internal fuselages and then I replace them by Vector resin set for LaGG-3 1/4 series, more detailed then kit's internal details.

ICM kit? No thanks! I spend quite a few money for Vector's kit and I do not want to set aside it. I want try to correct it however; now it is a kind of challenge.

Let's will wait and see what happens!

Ciao!!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:19 AM »

Hi Marco,
In the draw, from the fuselafe spinner plate to the wingroot (air intake) there are 26 mm. On the kit, from the same reference to the same point there are 28 mm. I think however that adding 2 mm about on the wingroot air intake and reshaping it (both side  ) the trouble should be correct.

Are the wingroot intakes  really too short, if seen from above? Else, adding this length will alter the space between them and the wing leading edge.

Massimo
marluc

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »

Marco,with all the surgery you have to do on this kit to get it right,it?s really a challenge.Keep going,I?ll be waiting for your progress on this Lagg-3.Greetings.

Martin
Markino

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 10:01:49 AM »

Hi guys,
 @ Massimo: yes, it is really so short, but I ceck well it when I will work on. For the moment I will to correct the fuselages "only".... Cry.

@Marluc: Hi Martin,
yes, the challenge is start! Next time I show you the results.
....or the trashcan with the Vector's kit inside Angry Angry.

Ciao!!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »

Hi guys, a little update on my LaGG-3. Here I show the first cut and paste, the jig for correct alignement and paste and the second cut. Good vision  Smiley.

Comments and suggestions always well accepts  Smiley  Smiley

Ciao!!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »

Ciao Marco,
it looks a clean work till now. But I fear that you'll have to use putty on the sides of the cooler outet to fit the fuselages. Not easy.
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 11:20:39 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thanks for your reply. Yes, surely the cooler outlet will be reshaped and rebuild. I will check well the wing roots also, in the karman fairing area.
Next time I will post the cut & paste corrections result.

Ciao!!

Marco

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: