Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 04:42:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 158867 times)
Markino

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 10:22:10 AM »

Hi guys,
I glued the two parts of left fuselage and correct the  tail leading edge shape. I think the fuselage is now very similar to the draw.

The comparison with right fuselage show well the differences.

Maybe the cockpit edge will be slight problematic but I hope to find a way to correct it.

Comments and suggestions always well accept!

Well, now is time for holydays. I think we meet again after them, hoping with both fuselages correct  Wink Wink.

Stay tuned and Happy Holydays!!!

Ciao!!!

Marco
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:35:53 AM by Markino » Logged

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »

Hi Marco, the fuselage is by far more resemblant than before, this is sure. I hope that the problems of fitting and filling will be resolved in some way.
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 12:02:56 PM »

Hi Massimo,
yes, for the cockpit edge I think to fit and fill with milliput inside and outside to reshape the profile. I will show the results next time.

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »

Hello guys!
After a problematic and troubled patch, with less desire (at present), I take again to build with joy and enthusiasm to set hands up on the poor Vector kit.

The fuselage has been corrected in dimensions and shape, referring to mig3sovietwarplanes drawings. With drawings and images collected on the web and, mainly, on scalemodels.ru, I drew the internal frame scheme that I will rebuild with Evergreen strips.

The cockpit profile has been recreated  with milliput and a simple wooden/sandpaper tool.

The fuselage and some reference drawings:

The main wing has been corrected also. I cutted it in half and lengthen with plasticard. Inside the central part I set a pair of strong strips to set the corrected 5? dihedral:

The wheel bay, rounded shape, has been removed and by Autocad and Voronin?s drawings, I build a ?dima? (I do not know the correct translation for this word) with a cam shape, most corrected as shown on Voronin?s drawings. I will rebuild the wheel bay by thermoforming machine and the ?dima?:

The main wing and the wheel bay ?dima?:

Coming soon, as write below, I will rebuild the internal frame; I will made two ?dime? to thermoforming the internal and external part of the radiator; ailerons and their place. About that I  have some doubts still now, because on various sources the measure are different.

I apologise for my English

Comments and suggest always well accepted.

Stay tuned!

Marco

learstang

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »

Brilliant work, Marco!  Glad to see you back on this kit.  Keep the pictures coming.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »

Hi Marco,
what an impressive work! Not a good publicity for this kit.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »

Hi Jason and Massimo,
thanks for your comments. Yes Massimo is not a good publicity for this kit but it is very poor. I think is the old South Front kit, just improved in internal details but not corrected in shapes and dimensions. At moment he worked on it he could correct and improve the entire kit  Angry!!

Ciao!

Marco

JP
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »

Hi Marco,
what an impressive work! Not a good publicity for this kit.
Regards
Massimo

No kidding.  This is just short of a complete scratch build.  Not exactly what the average modeler would be willing to take on.  Can't wait to see this done!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »

Hi Marco and JP,
if I remember well, the release of South Front was after that of  Vector. Perhaps they were obtained from the same drawings, those of Voronin.
Personally, I think that the price of a resin kit can be justified only in absence of serious alternatives. I don't think that Vector will make a new mould, when the ICM costs 14 Euros.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »

Hi Marco and JP,
if I remember well, the release of South Front was after that of  Vector. Perhaps they were obtained from the same drawings, those of Voronin.
Personally, I think that the price of a resin kit can be justified only in absence of serious alternatives. I don't think that Vector will make a new mould, when the ICM costs 14 Euros.
Regards
Massimo

Still to appear is the resin 1/48 LaGG-3 from Fusion, in France.

John
Markino

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »

Hi JP, Massimo and John,
I think with the new ICM kit there are less market for resin kit. It?s shame that ICM kit was released after the Vector?s one. I should have buied it !  Angry Angry Plastic is more workable then resin!!! Wink Wink
I am curious to see the new Fusion kit. I saw some images several months a go and It was very impressive....

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »

Hello guys,
Unfortunately, in the past week I seriously and in irreparable way damaged the LaGG-3 main wing  Sad Sad. I thought to use the La-5FN Vector wing, and in this case I wish to know if this wing was similar in plan and shape to LaGG-3 wing, with the exception of less importance details, as fairings, etc.

What do you think about and what your suggestions with regard to?
Many thanks for your help.

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »

Hi Merco,
for what I know, they should be identical except for minor details as wingroot intakes and eventually slats. But your model looks to become a bit expensive. Did you consider any use for a diorama of a shot down plane?
Regards
Massimo
Walker

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »

Wing La 5FN differs lack air intakes at the root of the wing. In addition to the wing of La 5FN is advocating the perimeter of the wing aileron trims on both sides. At LaGG-3 aileron trim only on the left side, does not go beyond the contour of the aileron. And the location is different hatches.
Markino

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 03:34:04 PM »

Hi guys, many thanks for your kindly reply.

@Massimo: yes, unfortunately the kit becoming a bit expansive  Angry Cry, but I will not want to realize a diorama or a shot down plane, just a good model....I hope  Huh Huh....

@Walker: thanks for your reply. In the next days I will to study my main reference drawings to recognize the main difference among LaGG-3 and La-5FN wings.

@Massimo and Walker: do you could suggest my some good reference drawings for La-5FN? At the moment I use the Voronin's drawings.
For the LaGG I use the mig3family drawings Smiley.

Ciao!!

Marco

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: