Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:01:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 158828 times)
Walker

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »

The best drawings Lagg-3 Paul Sadovnikov. Here they are: http://narod.ru/disk/9375809001/Sadovnikov_P.zip.html
The archive also drawing La 5FN Michael Bradach (MBI).
Troy Smith

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 06:29:39 AM »

Hi guys, many thanks for your kindly reply.

@Massimo: yes, unfortunately the kit becoming a bit expansive  Angry Cry, but I will not want to realize a diorama or a shot down plane, just a good model....I hope  Huh Huh....

@Walker: thanks for your reply. In the next days I will to study my main reference drawings to recognize the main difference among LaGG-3 and La-5FN wings.

@Massimo and Walker: do you could suggest my some good reference drawings for La-5FN? At the moment I use the Voronin's drawings.
For the LaGG I use the mig3family drawings Smiley.

Ciao!!

Marco

Hi Marco

Why use the Vector La5 wing?  Seems an expensive source of parts.

have you got an ICM LaGG3?  Just wondering how that compares to the plans.  If the resin wing is now damaged, would it not be easier and cheaper to get a ICM LaGG3 and use those wings?   (You could also compare the kits.)

Another cheap option would possibly be the old Hobbycraft La5FN, I know it's not very accurate, but maybe the wing might be useable  and it can probably be got cheap.  Maybe someone here has one they will never build.
Or a South Front kit as donor kit?

All are plastic so they would be easier to work than resin.   

Or have I misunderstood something about what parts you want to use?

Hope this helps
T
Markino

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »

Hi guys, thanks for your reply!

@Walker: thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately link doesn't work well. Could you give me another or try to post again the link?

Hi Marco

Why use the Vector La5 wing?  Seems an expensive source of parts.

have you got an ICM LaGG3?  Just wondering how that compares to the plans.  If the resin wing is now damaged, would it not be easier and cheaper to get a ICM LaGG3 and use those wings?   (You could also compare the kits.)

Another cheap option would possibly be the old Hobbycraft La5FN, I know it's not very accurate, but maybe the wing might be useable  and it can probably be got cheap.  Maybe someone here has one they will never build.
Or a South Front kit as donor kit?

All are plastic so they would be easier to work than resin.  

Or have I misunderstood something about what parts you want to use?

Hope this helps
T

Hi Troy,
You have not misanderstood,
I use the Vector La-5FN wing because I have the La-5FN Zvezda also and probabily I will never build the Vector one. Concerning the Zvezda kit I suggest to visit this link. There is a very nice building post: http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21930&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Probabily if I purchase the ICM's LaGG-3 I will never finish the Vector one and in this case will be a very expensive. As you said, plastic is easier to work than resin...
If the ICM's LaGG-3 was released before the Vector's one certainly the affair would be different...

At this time I will try to make the best I can...

Many thanks for your suggestions! Ciao!!!

Marco
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:48:26 PM by Markino » Logged

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 12:03:31 PM »

Hi Marco,
the drawings published on LaGG-3 family are the same of Paul Sadovnikov, only in lower resolution. I don't know if he has updated them with further versions in the latest year, but the base is the same.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »

Aaarghhh! I wrong the reply to Walker!! You are right Massimo! For LaGG-3 I use the LaGG-3 family drawings on your website.

@Walker (again): do you could give me a suggestion for La-5FN good drawings, please? Some time ago I found on Scalemodel.ru the follow compressed drawings: la5, la5aiv, la5fn, la5fn_1, la5fnkr.

Thanks if someone could help me.

Ciao!

Marco

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »

Hi Marco! I hope Musa will agree with me on this - the best drawings for the La-5 series are the ones from the MBI La-5 monograph; here's a link for the La-5FN:
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw2/la5fn.html

MBI drawings for La-5 and La-5F:
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw2/la5f.html

Ciao!

John
Walker

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »

That's right, John. In these drawings, too, though the error is. Wing a better look at the drawing Sadovnikov.
Markino

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »

Hi John and Walker!
Many thanks for your indications. I have already download the drawings and in the next time I will check it and I will decide the wing corrections.
Stay tuned! Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »

Hello friends!
many months are passed from my last speech about Lagg-3. However I never stopped to work on it... Unfortunately I have
very few spare time end a lot of commitments...
Here are some photos of the last interventions made, mainly in the cockpit zone...

I was pleasantly surprised to see the GoNza's photoetched instrument panels setting perfectly on my kit...luckily..

Now I have some doubts about the correct instrument panel to put on the plane. According to the following photo what
is, on your opinion, the correct set for my model. I wish to build the Kostylev' red 35 (probably a 1/3 series,
as reported on Massimo Tessitori profiles) in white distemper, or the white 44 of the 44 IAP, even a 1/3 series probabily...
I am oriented on A+B set but I do not know if this is the correct one...

The main wing is temporarily aside...

Many thanks for your suggestions and comments!
Stay tuned!

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »

The three images who doesn't work above...

Ciao!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 12:58:39 PM »

Hi Marco,

great work. Have you vacuformed a new canopy?
About the instrument panel: you could find an answer here
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/cockpits/cockpitlagg3.html

Best regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thanks for your reply. At the moment I have not vacuformed a new canopy, I will made it next time, after fuselages joining, if necessary... Wink

About the instrument panel is my opinion, and as GoNzA suggest in his photoetched set, that the most problable combination is A+D, referred to my photos about instrument panels.
Referring to the link you suggest, there are several combination, but I don't know what is the right one, or the most problable... Huh Huh
What do you think about?

Ciao.

Marco

Markino

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »

I would like to know if the Russian friends can help me to understand the differences between the two types of instrument panels below:

From prototype I-301 TO:

From another TO (but I don't know what series...):

Many thanks for your help!!

Ciao.

Marco

marluc

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »

The detailing work in the cockpit interior is superb.Keep on with the good work,greetings.

Martin
Markino

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »

Hi Martin,
many thanks for your comment. Coming soon I will procede to reproduce the armor plate, the seat, and so on.
But before I must understand wich kind of instrument panel set in the cockpit... Huh Huh

Do you know russian language, by chance?   Wink

Ciao.

Marco

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: