Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 06:50:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 159165 times)
Markino

« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »

Hello guys,
I need informations about  Kostylev' red 35. I wish to know if is it could have the  propeller coaxial machine gun. I need to know to decide if set or not the reload handle for this weapon.
Many thanks for your help  Smiley.
Ciao.

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »

Hi Marco,
I think that all the LaGG-3s had the coaxial weapon, its type or caliber could eventually change.
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2012, 12:58:39 PM »

Hi Massimo, many thanks for your reply. Ok, I made the coaxial cannon reload handle using the kit one... Wink.
Below some pictures about the last item I realized. Next time I will start to painting the internal...
Comments & suggestions always appreciated!

The bulkhead n? 5 in the most probable and final arrangement:

The oil cooler:

Water cooler:

The gunsight:

Coaxial cannon reload handle:

Ciao!!

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »

Hi Marco,
it's an impressive work. Will the side details of the coolers be visible on the completed model?
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

I hope that all the detail will be seen when the model is finished. Cheesy
This is amazing.
Markino

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

Hi guys,
the grids of the coolers I think so but the pipes and the sides details I think not... but no matter I like to know that they are... Wink Wink.

Ciao.

Marco
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:14:47 PM by Markino » Logged

Markino

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »

Hi guys! Holidays are over, unfortunately... Sad...
I prepared details for painting and I will begin those in secon photo. Internal fuselages and bulkhead n?5 will be in Aluminium. I'm thinking for the best one: Alclad, Testors or the old and well tested Humbrol....what do you think about? Any suggestions?

For the armour plate I am thinking to paint it with Testors Stainless Steel Metallizer and dark leather for headrest. Or it was in other color...?

And the seat? Aluminium, steel or some other color? In some photos it appear in grey or blue gray... Huh

Many thanks for your opinions!!
Ciao.

Marco

B_Realistic

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2012, 09:37:39 AM »

I would give a go ahead for Alclad because it's so easy.
I can't give you any details concerning your other questions and leave this to the professionals. Cheesy
Markino

« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »

Hi Michael, thanks for your suggestion  Smiley. I purchased Alclad and his black for background several...time ago. Maybe now is time to use it... Wink.

What do you think about Testors Metallizer. Do you have experience with it?

Marco

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »

Hi Marco, hi Michel,
really an impressive scratchbuilding of details!
The colors... embarassingly I don't know them, but I imagine that an unpainted steel plate becomes rusty, so I would exclude unpainted metal. All the sides are silver because the wood was painted with a silver primer. I suggest one with a granulous look, it hasn't to reproduce unpainted metal.
Colors of the rear plate... on photos I see a medium color for the plate, with a nearly black headrest. I don't know the real color, in doubt I would go with A-14 grey, or with green as it was found on a wreck of MiG-3.
About the aluminium part of the seat, I guess it could be unpainted, but I haven't real informations.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »

Marco,

using Alclad is easy. They say so to use it with a black paint underneath. I've seen using Alclad directly on the model also.
This been done by Jaroslav Galler is you know him.
I can't remember the use of MM Metalics.

Michel
Markino

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2012, 02:08:01 PM »

Hi Michael,
next days I will do some tests using Alclad with and without black undercoat to determine the best result.
Ciao.

Marco

learstang

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »

I've used Testors Metalizer paints and found them to be easy to use.  Also the Metalizer sealer makes a nice gloss coat to prepare a model for decals (and for spraying on the decal sheet itself to strengthen the decals).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »

@Marco,

ok.
I think that I liked the Alclad without the black paint underneath more because it was more realistic.

@Jason,

do you also use the MM flat coat?

Michel
learstang

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

I have, but with not as much luck.  To be honest, I've never seemed to have much luck with flat coats, no matter what the make or whether it's acrylic or otherwise.  It either splatters, goes on semi-gloss, or goes on so flat it gives a chalky appearance to the paint.  I'd like to hear if someone has a good non-acrylic flat coat they can recommend.  I actually have three models I'm at the stage of applying the flat coat (a VVS P-47D, a LaGG-3, and a VVS P-39Q).  I'll let you know if I find a flat coat that works.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: