Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 10:15:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 159137 times)
B_Realistic

« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »

Jason,

I also had the same results with the MM Flat coat.
I use Purity Seal from Games Workshop.
It comes in a spray can and just spray it directly to your model and done.
No problems at all.
It gives a very fine satin finish.

Michel
Markino

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2012, 09:05:10 AM »

@Marco,

ok.
I think that I liked the Alclad without the black paint underneath more because it was more realistic.

Michel

Hi Michel,
very interesting. I will do this test also  Wink!

I have, but with not as much luck.  To be honest, I've never seemed to have much luck with flat coats, no matter what the make or whether it's acrylic or otherwise.  It either splatters, goes on semi-gloss, or goes on so flat it gives a chalky appearance to the paint.  I'd like to hear if someone has a good non-acrylic flat coat they can recommend.  I actually have three models I'm at the stage of applying the flat coat (a VVS P-47D, a LaGG-3, and a VVS P-39Q).  I'll let you know if I find a flat coat that works.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply on MM Metallizer, I will do tests with it also.
About your question on flat coat (you mean clear coats, right?), I love both Humbrol (not acrylic), clear, satin and matt. I never had problem with they and I still use they. With acrylic ones I had bad results like yours, with chalky appearenca too... Angry. If you can try Humbrol.
Ciao.

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Seawinder

« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »

I have, but with not as much luck.  To be honest, I've never seemed to have much luck with flat coats, no matter what the make or whether it's acrylic or otherwise.  It either splatters, goes on semi-gloss, or goes on so flat it gives a chalky appearance to the paint.  I'd like to hear if someone has a good non-acrylic flat coat they can recommend.  I actually have three models I'm at the stage of applying the flat coat (a VVS P-47D, a LaGG-3, and a VVS P-39Q).  I'll let you know if I find a flat coat that works.
Regards,
Jason

Hi Jason.
FWIW, over the last couple of years (since Testors screwed up Polly Scale Flat, which had been far and away my favorite), I've been using Micro Flat from Microscale. It's easy to apply and dries with no trace of chalking. Only problem is, it's not really flat -- it's really a satin finish with a definite, subtle sheen, actually very good IMHO for weathered gloss finishes. I used it straight up for the I-16 in AII green/blue that I'm just completing. If I want a real flat finish, I add a SMALL amount of Tamiya flat base -- perhaps 1-to-2 with the Micro Flat. There's still very little, if any, chalking, just a nice, dead flat.

HTH
Pip
learstang

« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

Thank you very much gentlemen for the suggestions!  I will try one or all of them.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Markino

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thanks for your reply and appreciation.

All the sides are silver because the wood was painted with a silver primer. I suggest one with a granulous look, it hasn't to reproduce unpainted metal.

I would try Humbrol enamel for this reason, I think it is sligtly thick then the others. Obiovusly I will try MM Metallizer and Alclad for better comparison.
I think that I will follow your suggestion and I will paint the armour plate in A-14 grey.
About the seat next time I will post a photo to know your opinion.
Ciao.

Marco
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:27:49 AM by Markino » Logged

Markino

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »

Hi guys,
for A-14 grey (FS26293 or 36293) anybody could tell me an equivalent color like Humbrol, Gunze, etc...
Thanks!

Marco

learstang

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »

Marco, I use Testors Model Master Neutral Gray for A-14 Steel Grey.  It seems to be a good match.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Markino

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2012, 08:27:58 AM »

Marco, I use Testors Model Master Neutral Gray for A-14 Steel Grey.  It seems to be a good match.

Hi Jason, do you have a color reference number also, please?
Thanks!

Ciao!

Marco

B_Realistic

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »

Marco,

does this help?

http://scalemodeldb.com/paintcharts/modelmaster

Michel
Markino

« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »

Hi Michel,
Many thanks! I think so, now I must to...drive it.. to find correspondence between FS26293 and Model Master colors... Wink

Marco

Markino

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2012, 10:06:01 AM »

Could be the MM 1725 Neutral Grey?

Marco

learstang

« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

That's the one, Marco.  It has the FS number as being 36270.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Markino

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »

Many thanks Jason!
Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2012, 09:41:10 AM »

Hi guys, some small step forward. I managed to find a gray A-14 credible enough (Humbrol 126) and I did some dry test between wing and fuselage. Wow .... truly looks like an airplane ... ! Tongue Tongue

I think I've picked quite closely the shape of the aircraft, but to see it like that and with a little bit of experience as a flight instructor I find it really a... "dresser". Honour and merit to those Russian pilots who flew, fought and many died whit it...

Comments and suggestions are always welcome  Smiley

Hello.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »

Hi Marco,
this work is more and more impressive. Is the part below vacuformed?
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: