Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM 1/72 I-16 Conversion to Type 5
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 08:47:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM 1/72 I-16 Conversion to Type 5  (Read 11984 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 11:06:12 PM »

I've been thinking about e-mailing ICM to beg for 5 or 6 copies of the new windscreen... Wink

Now if ICM would just listen to our pleas for a new 1/72 I-153...  Wink

I sent ICM an e-mail a few days ago, doing both things - begging for windscreens, and for the release of a new 1/72 I-153 (I have no shame...). No reply yet. Maybe I frightened them by attaching my canopy comparison image (shown above), and also an image of a completed ICM I-16 that I built, to prove to them that I actually do buy and build their kits!

John
marluc

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »

...for the release of a new 1/72 I-153 (I have no shame...).
Well done John.It would be great they release a 1/72 I-16 Type 5 too,and scale it up to 1/48,but I think this is too much to ask.Greetings.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »

Hi Martin! I didn't mention it in my previous post, but I also asked for 1/72 I-16 type 5 and type 10! A 1/72 Yak-1b, too, but that's probably just a dream...

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 05:52:05 PM »

Hi Martin! I didn't mention it in my previous post, but I also asked for 1/72 I-16 type 5 and type 10! A 1/72 Yak-1b, too, but that's probably just a dream...

John
Hi John,
if I remember well how the wing is divided from the fuselage in ICM kit, to extend the aileron inwards they should made not only the mould of a new wing, but of a new fuselge too. I fear that the dream will remain... a dream.

By the way, apart for the Il-2 in 1/32 of Trumpeter, does anyone know if new kits of ww2 soviet planes were announced at the Nurberg fair?
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 11:15:55 PM »

Hi John,
if I remember well how the wing is divided from the fuselage in ICM kit, to extend the aileron inwards they should made not only the mould of a new wing, but of a new fuselge too. I fear that the dream will remain... a dream.

Hi Massimo! Yes, you are certainly right, but don't forget - ICM was the company that completely remade their 1/72 I-15bis kit (I don't know why - the old one, which was then reissued by Encore, was not a bad kit), so remastering the I-16 might not be impossible to expect!

By the way, apart for the Il-2 in 1/32 of Trumpeter, does anyone know if new kits of ww2 soviet planes were announced at the Nurberg fair?
Massimo

I haven't seen any news of anything that interests me in 1/72 scale (Trumpeter Beriev Be-6, maybe), but Amodel and ICM, who are the most dependable sources for VVS aircraft kits, were not represented there if I remember correctly, so maybe there is hope for some surprises!   Cheesy

John
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: