Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mig-3 "Za Rodinu" profile
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mig-3 "Za Rodinu" profile  (Read 5273 times)
warhawk

« on: March 14, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »

Found this interesting profile, I wonder if the scheme has any credibility

http://basilzolotov.com/side-views/mikoyan-mig-3-2/
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:30:40 PM »

This plane of 148 iap is credible enough. there are four photos of planes with the winter scheme mottled with spring color.  About the slogan, some phoos show ?Za stalina?on one side, 'za rodinu ' on the other side. Now I suspect that the asymmetrical slogan was on all planes of the unit, but I am not sure because there are not known photos of both sides of the same plane.
About the exactness of the shape of the blotches, I don't know. I suspect that is a slightly different interpretation of a plane already on my profile collection, but it could also be a different plane.
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »

The thing that intrigued me the most is the light brown (or sand) color used as a base. I have never seen this used over light blue...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »

Unfortunately the base is white, they had winter camouflaged planes, and it looks that mottling them was quicker than cleaning them during the battle for Kharkov. It's possible that the undersurfaces were white too.

There are still one or two images available of MiG-3s of 148 IAP; the interpretation credited by the Russian illustrator looks to be that all have the same slogans, Za rodinu on one side and Za stalina on the other one.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: