Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Airfix Il.2 has Mongolian AF option
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:05:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airfix Il.2 has Mongolian AF option  (Read 15554 times)
learstang

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 05:47:05 AM »

To be honest, Troy, I don't think it is.  Massimo made it for my book.  Since it's not VVS, it looks like he has not posted it on any of his Il-2 research pages.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 06:51:27 AM »

Hi Troy and Jason,
the plane was certainly an arrow built in Z.18 because the flushed fairing of the gun is recognizable.
This is not the latest version of the drawing: the marks on the fuselage should have a narrow division part. Jason, I have to send to you the latest version.
By the way, when will your book be published?
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »

That's very exotic.
I like that one.
Another for your book Jason. Cheesy
learstang

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »

Hi Troy and Jason,
the plane was certainly an arrow built in Z.18 because the flushed fairing of the gun is recognizable.
This is not the latest version of the drawing: the marks on the fuselage should have a narrow division part. Jason, I have to send to you the latest version.
By the way, when will your book be published?
Regards
Massimo

Massimo, I'm still waiting on the Tamiya 1/72nd scale model to review.  After that, it's some tidying up and re-reading and proofing and it's ready.  I've just received some very nice photographs of the flyable Il-2 (Flying Heritage Musuem), so I have all my photographs of the still existing Shturmoviks.  By the end of June it will be available in e-book format, at least.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »

Here is the latest release.

Jason, I'm sending the updated file.
Note that it has the ring aerial characteristic of metal rear fuselages, and the same style of flushed tail wheel fairing characteristic of Z.1.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:17:24 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 04:56:21 AM »

Hi Massimo

Neat work.   
Any reason you went for underwing stars as opposed to the Mongolian insignia?

I has a search earlier to see if I could fine photos of other WW2 era Mongolian planes [Yak-9, I-16] to see if any idea about marking practices in general but nothing turned up.

This was asked about on the thread on Britmodeller.  Anyone know more?

thanks
T
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 07:00:40 AM »

Hi Troy,
I've read some page (I don't remember well now) that at that time Mongolian planes preserved the red stars on the wings.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 06:27:46 PM »

Troy, if I squint really hard at the photograph you provided, I can just about convince myself I see a faint star.  Anyone else see anything, or are my medications wearing off (or kicking in, as the case may be)?

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: