Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Just uploaded two new interviews
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:05:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just uploaded two new interviews  (Read 16971 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 08:00:49 AM »

Hi Konstantin, Smiley
Oleg has asked Nasilevic and his answers appear very coherent and detailed, mentioning known camos aside non-standard camos. Should he have said that all the planes were green, or green-dark green without differencies, this could be considered as a defective recall. I have never seen a photo of a solid-coloured la-5 (except for the one with the sharkmouth, admittedly repainted) but I think that his recall is good. Of his plane, he remembers even the logo on the cowling and the color of the spinner.
I don't want to criticize Pshenichnov's memories; he said what he saw and did. But those two men didn't live side by side, and didnt see the same planes.
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 12:14:41 PM »

Hi Oleg,

I am not questioning everything Nasilevets said.  His memories are interesting and valuable evidence.
But, his memories are subjective:  that?s how he saw colours and how he remembers them after 65+ years.  He was a pilot, colours and paints were not his field of expertise.

Some 25 years ago I participated in an interview with a mechanic who worked on Il-2s at the end of war.  When we asked him about Shturmovic?s colours, he said something like ?I cant?t remember?  they were green? or maybe gray??
That?s all that I can remember from maybe 30 minutes interview.  I even can?t remember his name!

I made a lot of interviews, and noticed some interesting thing - some old men can't remember where they live, but well recall how many steps were in their dug outs.  In this current case I tend to believe S.I., because he keeps repeating the same thing over and over again, although there always is a room for mistake.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »

Hi,
I've uploaded a new interview of an Il-2 pilot. Please, have a look. I'll be some days out of my home, please let me know if it's all well.
Massimo

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/pilots/batievskii/batievskii.htm
FPSOlkor

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »

I looked through , and it seems fine. Exceptions - there is a need of clearind abstracts, photos should have signitures, a link to 35th Shap album would be better placed to the Batievskii from Tikhomirov. Davitashvilli is that same Vladimir who was captured after Rakkvere mission.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »

I've made some modifies, but ti seems that the text citates photos that were not included in the file that I received. Are they available on the interview to Tikhomirov?
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »

Some yes...
Photos should be checked - Poskryakov can be seen twice for example. And i still believe that link to 35 ShAP should be moved from Tikhomirov interview to Batievskii Interview at the @pilots@ page.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:56:50 AM by FPSOlkor » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »

I've modified the page of Batievskii including all the photos of that on 35 ShAP. Perhaps some other one is missing.
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 09:36:26 AM »

Hi Massimo,

Last part of the Vahlamov?s and Orlov?s text (M-Hobby No 5 -1999) describes some practices in maintenance units during GPW. 

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxhWLBc9

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxhWLGbr

It is based on the memories of V.V. Pshenichnov. From 1941 to 1945 V.V. Pshenichnov commanded PARM-1 No 1087 with 562 IAP PVO. This unit repaired damaged Yaks.

In short and related to this tread:

Planes were not painted according to the official schemes (apparently they didn?t know about them).  Planes were camouflaged so that they looked like the other planes that arrived to the unit.  Some of those planes were factory painted, others were overhauled or belonged to other units, so although all planes were Yaks, there was a lot of variability.

Only AMT nitro lacquers were used.  No tank, car or any other non-aviation paints.

Paints were not mixed to get a required colour.  If there wasn?t enough paint of certain colour, the camouflage scheme was modified.

I hope this may help to explain mysterious ?green ? dark green scheme?.

Cheers,
KL

Stumbled across this link on 562nd IAP Yaks.

Anyone care to speculate about the colour scheme on the Yak-9T at the bottom of the page?

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fowl-99.livejournal.com%2F28517.html%3Fthread%3D176229&edit-text=
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »

Hi,
nice page, particularly for Yak-1s.
About the Yak-9T, I think that it was painted with two-greys camo. Probably the underexposure due to the snowy background and some filter give the idea of a darker color.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: