Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MAJOR Yak-9 Walkaround!
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 02:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MAJOR Yak-9 Walkaround!  (Read 18786 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: August 12, 2010, 12:59:51 AM »

http://photofile.ru/users/pakuro/3840677/

Five pages!

John

(There's some amazing cockpit detail here - my arm has gone numb from right-clicking and saving!  Cheesy )
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:18:44 AM by John Thompson » Logged
warhawk

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »

my arm has gone numb from right-clicking and saving!  Cheesy )

Damn it! Mine too  Grin

Thanks for the link
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 02:40:11 PM »

Very good. It would deserve to be employed for a large scale model.
Thank you for sharing.
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:54:09 PM »

Great pictures, but those colours!  That AMT-12 is very greenish, and the AMT-11 looks too light.  The exterior is obviously restored -  any idea about the interior colours?  Are they original?

Regards,

Learstang

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

For what I see, the back cushion is painted grey as the metal part of the backrest, and this let me think that the internal surfaces were repainted too.
Massimo
Bonehammer

Stealing the nail file from her own purse

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 02:22:30 AM »

my arm has gone numb from right-clicking and saving!  Cheesy )
Damn it! Mine too  Grin
I suggest you install Down Them All!, a small program that grabs images in a webpage and saves them to a directory of your choice. It also works if the current page has thumbnails with links - as long as they link to actual pictures and not pages. Once it is installed, it becomes a right-click option when browsing.
I downloaded the entire album in a dozen clicks... try it, you'll love it.

HTH,
Bone

I'm too lazy to even fi
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 03:19:16 AM »

I suggest you install Down Them All!, a small program that grabs images in a webpage and saves them to a directory of your choice. It also works if the current page has thumbnails with links - as long as they link to actual pictures and not pages. Once it is installed, it becomes a right-click option when browsing.
I downloaded the entire album in a dozen clicks... try it, you'll love it.

HTH,
Bone

Thanks for the suggestion - sounds like a real time-saver! I'll check it out.

John
Troy Smith

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 09:18:51 PM »

Great pictures, but those colours!  That AMT-12 is very greenish, and the AMT-11 looks too light.  The exterior is obviously restored -  any idea about the interior colours?  Are they original?

Regards,

Learstang

This is the Yak 9 that was in the Yakolev design Bureau Musuem

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/yak/yak-9/index.htm

Note sure where it is now, or if it's been repainted (looks like it) Somewhere i read that mr Pilawskii has been advising places on colours, as he wrote the book, and these look like Pilawskii versions of AMT 11 and 12.... well, it happened in Norway... and look at some of the Monino planes!

Interior, if you look closely at the interior colours, there are chips in the paint showing a darker green, eg look above the throttle controls. (and same chips visible in walkround, ergo same plane) Don't know if primers or a repaint.

There is also a walkround of a Yak 15, http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/yak/yak-15/index.htm
by the same photographer, so presumably same day and camera
showing a dark greeny grey, but also some bright yellow green panels as well.
eg

Look forward to thoughts on these colours.
cheers
T

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 07:27:09 AM »

Hi Troy,
I see that the colors of the Yak-9 are worn, as if it has been utilized after the last layer of paint. So, I suspect that it was original, and green/yellow were primers.
I wonder if the plexiglas is yellowed, alterating the perception of color, or if it is a yellowed A-14.
Regards
Massimo
Troy Smith

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »

Hi Troy,
I see that the colors of the Yak-9 are worn, as if it has been utilized after the last layer of paint. So, I suspect that it was original, and green/yellow were primers.
I wonder if the plexiglas is yellowed, alterating the perception of color, or if it is a yellowed A-14.
Regards
Massimo

Hi Massimo
having a 'doh' moment, of course the other walkround has open cockpit pics galore.

I'm not up enough on the interior colours, which is why I ask these questions.
Is there a basic interior colour for type list anywhere?   

compared.  The newer pics seem more worn, more paint chips.

Does anyone know where this Yak 9 has been moved too? My cyrillic is very basic looks like 'museum technical'  Krasnogorski raiion, Moscovskya oblast.

cheers
T

KL

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 08:44:41 PM »

This is the Yak 9 that was in the Yakolev design Bureau Musuem

Check following link:
http://www.tmuseum.ru/

Most of the former OKB Yakovlev museum planes are moved to Vadim Zadorozhni?s Technical Museum (google images for Музей техники Вадима Задорожного).

Exception is the most precious/famous 1944 Yak-3 presented by kholkoznik Golovatiy to the HSU Yeryomin.  This plane was landed (or sold?) in US in early 1990-ies, and is now in San Jacinto, California.  Its ghost was seen in Krakow museum in 1992   Grin.

Both OKB Yakovlev Yak-3 and Yak-9 were re-painted in the same gray-gray green scheme sometimes around 1990.  What we see there are definitely not AMT-11 and AMT-12.

Interior is definitely not steel gray A-14.  It was evidently re-painted several times.  Only green-gray paint that could appear in WWII era cockpits would be ALG-5 primer.  But, what we see in this Yak-9 cockpit is more likely post-war paint.  Check walkarounds of post-war and modern Russian planes and you will find this same colour.

KL  Cool
mholly

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 03:37:10 AM »

Exception is the most precious/famous 1944 Yak-3 presented by kholkoznik Golovatiy to the HSU Yeryomin.  This plane was landed (or sold?) in US in early 1990-ies, and is now in San Jacinto, California
I read on scalemodels.ru that this plane had been sent to US on temporary loan. When the term expired the plane was just not returned to Russia. One (Russian) forumite plainly stated it was stolen.
Mario Undecided
KL

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 08:11:50 AM »

I read on scalemodels.ru that this plane had been sent to US on temporary loan. When the term expired the plane was just not returned to Russia. One (Russian) forumite plainly stated it was stolen.

In the same tread another Russian forumite explained that situation is not that simple.  Plane was part of the 1990 project to produce a series of Alison powered Yak-9U for western market. Eventually, Russian partner didn't fulfill parts of the contract and historic Yak-3 was kept as compensation.  It was kept in Santa Monika museum till 2002 and then the museum went bankrupt.  Supposedly, Americans would return it if Russians pay for the restoration that was done in meantime (probably another re-painting with "authentic" 21st century US paints).

It?s important to stress that planes in internet workarounds are not painted with authentic colours. Restaurateurs who painted them in 1970/80/90 didn?t have a clue about AMT paints and ?Albom Nakrasok? paint chips.

Cheers,
KL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: