Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Spanish I-15
Sovietwarplanes
April 24, 2024, 01:03:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanish I-15  (Read 7200 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: December 28, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »

Hi, Smiley
whoever is interested to an original I-15, please have a look here.
Massimo

http://www.network54.com/Forum/394728/message/1293533882/Descubierto+un+Polikarpov+I-15+Chato+%A1%21%21%21
learstang

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »

If that's truly an original Chato (Chaika), that is a remarkable find indeed! Unfortunately, it sounds like it was partially repainted from its original Spanish Republican markings.  Thank you for the link, Massimo!

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:03:58 PM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:19:20 AM »

Hi Jason,
yes, it's repainted, paticularly on its rudder that was the most important thing for our past discussions on the colors , because the shades hypothized for the republican flag are much more uncertain than the camo colors.
But, if those colors are under the blue paint, a restorer could find them unfaded.
I hope that the plane will be taken in charge by the right people.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:17:43 AM »

Hi Jason,
yes, it's repainted, paticularly on its rudder that was the most important thing for our past discussions on the colors , because the shades hypothized for the republican flag are much more uncertain than the camo colors.
But, if those colors are under the blue paint, a restorer could find them unfaded.
I hope that the plane will be taken in charge by the right people.
Regards
Massimo

Definitely; that aeroplane's an extremely important find.  I've always been interested in the Spanish Civil War and I even have an I-15 painted in the American volunteer Frank Tinker's colours.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »

Hi, Smiley
whoever is interested to an original I-15, please have a look here.
Massimo

That's fantastic! I hope they will publish more photos, and perhaps a detailed examination of the aircraft while it is being restored. Who knows what else might be hiding out there somewhere - it reminds me of a web site I like to check occasionally called "Cars in Barns" Wink :
http://www.carsinbarns.com/index.html

Usually updated every Thursday with three new "barn finds" of the week, although very few of them are as rare as an I-15!!!

John
marluc

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »

Hello:

I`m sorry to say that the post in Aeronet-GCE it`s just a joke.The plane looks like a mock-up of an I-153 (look at the cowling).Greetings.

Martin
learstang

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »

That would explain the solid wood outer wings!  I knew it was too good to be true.  Still, if they put it back together again, repainted it, it wouldn't look too bad in my back yard...

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 02:49:39 AM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Well, they sure had me fooled. Hey - maybe that little old lady who wants to sell me the 1970 Hemi Barracuda from her barn for $500 is tricking me too!!! Wink

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 08:23:13 AM »

Pity, but maybe it could be attractive all the same, when repainted and improved a bit.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 08:11:41 AM »

Hi Warren,
this model has the advantage that it doesn't require glasses to be built.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: