Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yakovlev Yak-9xx profiles
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:03:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yakovlev Yak-9xx profiles  (Read 33027 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2021, 08:45:03 PM »

Hi,
I am still not fully convinced with black-green camo.
Here is reason:
- July 3, 1943 - directive no.2389/0133 - the upper and side surfaces of all fighter aircraft have to be painted in greyish blue and dark grey colors.
- After the Kuban battle at the beginning of August 1943 - regiment receives "new, more advanced Yak-9 aircraft with a 37-mm cannon"
  e.g. 4 iap received new planes (Yak-9 and Yak-9T cca 1+ month after new grey-grey camo was introduced
- September 3, 1943 - No.267 issued - red stars have to have outline with white line 5cm wide edged with red line 1cm wide.
  e.g. new type of stars were introduced cca 1 month after 4 iap received new planes.

I do not know how long time it took to transfer aircraft from the factory to 4 iap, whether Zavod No.153 changed camo to the new NKAP 1943 scheme immediately, e.g. in July, whether supply of the new grey-grey paints were on hand immediately, or if they continued with black-green camo until they spent all stock etc.
But definitely there are 2 months between new grey-grey camo (July) and new type of red stars (September) are introduced. So there is pretty nice possibility to have aircraft delivered in August in the new grey-grey camo with old type red stars.

So, if everything took "appropriately enough" time, this Yak-9T could still have old black-green camouflage as shown in my previous post.

However, if things ran "miraculously fast", then this Yak-9T could have already new grey-grey camo:

I put there 24 starlets like is on the photo from Stankov's book. This number better reflects score from the summer 1943.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2021, 06:44:53 AM »

Hi Misos,
nice to see your reseach.
I am uncertain: your chronological reconstruction is convincing, even if the photo gives more the idea of a black green camouflage. Anyway, it could be retouched to put into evidence the men.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: