Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Resin Art 1/72 Il-10 Upgrade Set
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:32:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resin Art 1/72 Il-10 Upgrade Set  (Read 5852 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: September 30, 2010, 04:34:33 PM »

This may be of interest to anyone building the KP 1/72 Il-10 (now reissued by Rchard Kiss and KP Models, his newly-formed successor to KoPro):
http://www.cmrmodels.co.uk/Resin-Art/7309.html

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »

Hi John Smiley
thank you for the link with a good photo.
I was aware of this set, it will be useful, but it is largely uncomplete. A complete set would have required a new gun, spinner, doors and something of the interior.
A canopy is produced by Kora
http://www.lfmodels.com/il10avia-b33-cockpit-set-p-170.html
a vacuformed canopy is produced by Falcon and a photoetched set is produced by Extratech
http://www.pmilona.cz/mitko-1-72/150-iljuin-il-10.html
and there is a monograph with enclosed decals sheets, of 4+ if I remember well.

But all these things would cost five or six times the kit. Now, I've four kits to build...
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »

Thank you John, for the link!  I've got the Kora interior set (it looks good), and with this set, and the decals from the 4+ book, I should be able to build up a nice-looking model (that is if I ever quit building IL-2's and decide to build its successor).  In one of the three-colour schemes as kindly provided by Massimo, of course.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 06:44:48 AM »

Hi Jason,
I've checked now, the number 2 in decals sheet is perfectly suitable for a camouflaged plane

The spinner looks in different color than the camo. I've represented it as brown, but it could also be red or of another color.
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 05:39:48 PM »

Thank you, Massimo!  That's the scheme I'll do it in - it looks brilliant in the three-colour scheme.  I'll probably go with red for the spinner (no yellow!).  I think the IL-10 was actually rather an attractive machine, unlike the IL-2, which certainly wasn't ugly but looked like the utilitarian, no-nonsense attack plane it was.  Although the arrow had a certain grace to it - I suppose it was the swept-back wings.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »

Hi Jason,
the decals of the kit have red stars with white outline only. I suppose that there should be a red outline too, but the photo looks compatible with white outline. What do you think of this?
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 12:39:03 AM »

Since we're talking about late 1944 at the earliest, and probably 1945, I would think that the IL-10 had the Victory stars, with the red outline.  I agree that the photograph seems to show a simple white outline, but I'll go with the red outline because of the date.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: