Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
yak 7V or Yak 7UTI?? famous picture, anyone know more?
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 05:59:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: yak 7V or Yak 7UTI?? famous picture, anyone know more?  (Read 6575 times)
Troy Smith

« on: October 31, 2010, 05:49:39 AM »

Hi
a couple of famous pics here

have been  captioned "two photos. Yak-7UTI, Kalinin front, February 1942"

Overall aluminum dope with plain red starts?

is this just a two seater, or dual control?  curious as I'd like to do this plane, using the ICM Yak-7V

any pointers or tips or pitfalls to avoid?

yak interiors ?  A-14?

thanks
T
marluc

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »

Hello Troy:

It?s an UTI,as the Yak-7V?s had fixed landing gears and no weapons.All the planes marked as "UTI" are armed trainers.The Yak in the picture could be also a Yak-7a single seater converted into a 2 seater.

Overall aluminum dope with plain red starts?
I agree,the surface is too shiny to be painted in white o light grey.As for the interior colours,I don?t know,sorry.

Regarding the ICM kit,I started one but never finished it.It?s a simple kit which has a pretty detailed interior but lacks many external details as the radiator faces.As usual with ICM kits,the fit of  parts is not good.It you want to make an accurate representation of the Yak,you should make the fuel dials over the wings.In the interior,the seats backrests need to be thinned as they are too thick.Hope to be of help.
Greetings.

Martin
vihonen

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »

Hello,

I'd be very, nay, extremely careful when guessing a colour of an aircraft which is standing on snow/ice and is illuminated by strong oblique sunshine (see the shadows). The surface of the snow or ice reflects the light in very diffused manner causing even matt camouflaged surface to look overall glossy. I suppose the overall aluminium early LaGG-3 are in fact wrongly interpreted winter camouflaged planes (white on top, light blue below).

Mind you, I am convinced of the existence and continued use of the AE-8 and A II Aluminium paints during the WWII, having seen quite a few genuine examples of both. And for all I know, that Yak-7 UTI may have been overall aluminium, though I will remain doubtful until documentary evidence be brought forth.

For the cockpit colour I'd vote for A-14.

Jan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: