Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Interior colours for Yak's, Lavochkin, Pe-2, Il-2, Mig 3, I-16 ?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:15:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interior colours for Yak's, Lavochkin, Pe-2, Il-2, Mig 3, I-16 ?  (Read 74513 times)
learstang

« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:40 AM »

Konstantin, I will remember that A-14 was a finishing colour, not a primer!  As far as people not having evidence for Il-2 interior colours other than ALG-5 and A-14, I hope you're right, as all my Shturmoviks are now painted in grey as far as the interior is concerned.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2010, 05:03:01 PM »

Another image of the Il-2 cockpit area; aircraft may be under restoration:

Here's the thread from Scalemodels.ru:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_7288_start_240.html

John
learstang

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »

Another image of the Il-2 cockpit area; aircraft may be under restoration:

Here's the thread from Scalemodels.ru:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_7288_start_240.html

John

Nice thread, John!  I hadn't seen that one at scalemodels.ru.  Looks like my library of Il-2 pictures is going to be getting larger still!  The picture you're posting here is of the Il-2 arrow at the Prague-Kbely museum, and it has indeed been restored.  This is pre-restoration.  Although physically and structurally they did a beautiful job on the restoration, they unfortunately repainted it incorrectly.  The used a three-colour scheme for the topsides, which is correct, but they painted what should be tan, in that fictitious reddish-brown colour, ?AII Brown?, and the grey should be a bit darker, in my opinion.  They also repainted the interior in what appears to be ?IMUP? ? Industrial Metal Use Primer, another apparently fictitious colour.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »

What would be the correct cockpit colour for an early La-5? I've read that early LaGG-3's were finished in aluminum paint; the same would be possible for the La-5. This walkaround seems to show a very light, shiny colour which looks to me like aluminum, not A-14:
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/501-600/walk544_La-5_Abbott/walk544.htm

I would love to find this thing and have a closer look at it, but Virginia is a very long drive away, and I'm not sure it's even there any more - I think someone was trying to sell it a few months ago! Note from the windscreen shape that this is a later (series 9 and up) La-5, not one of the very early ones. So, is it aluminum or A-14? Thank you for any advice on this question!

John
KL

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »

John,  Smiley
colours of that "specimen" are highly questionable.  Exterior green colour definitely isn't original. Engine bearers were not painted same as the wooden fuselage.  Most likely the wreck was repainted while in the museum/private collection, or maybe before sold.
IMHO, the interior was overpainted with something that resembles the original interior colour.  From photos it could be any of the three options:  silver (AII Al), light gray (AE-9) or dark gray (A-14)....

Cheers,
KL 
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2011, 07:53:31 PM »

Well, thanks, KL - now I've got three options...  Cheesy But am I right about the use of AII Al in the cockpits of early LaGG-3's? Thank you!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »

Hi John,
only on wooden parts. The metal parts were of some other color.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »

Hi John,
only on wooden parts. The metal parts were of some other color.
Regards
Massimo

Thanks, Massimo!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2014, 11:38:50 AM »

Hi all,
here is an interesting image of the instrument panel of a DB-3A that can make some light on the light color utilized:

It looks AE-9.
From
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_3652_start_400.html

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:42:47 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
learstang

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »

That's interesting to see, Massimo. I've been using a light grey on my Il-2 instrument panels.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2014, 06:18:06 AM »

Hi Jason,
well, light grey was the most likely interpretation, it was also found on the restored I-153, but I am glad to have found this confirmation.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: