Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New 1/72 Polikarpov I-185 from Art Model
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:22:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New 1/72 Polikarpov I-185 from Art Model  (Read 12845 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: November 10, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »

Box art:

Sprue images:

Instructions, sprue map, etc.:

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »

Thank you John,
I-185 is one of my favourite planes. This looks a kit of the fifth prototype. All the prototypes were rather different between them.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »

Thank you John,
I-185 is one of my favourite planes. This looks a kit of the fifth prototype. All the prototypes were rather different between them.
Massimo

It looks very good, doesn't it? Not complicated or over-designed, but apparently well detailed. I'll be wanting one of these as soon as it becomes available! Now if only Art Model would do a 1/72 Yak-1b... Wink

John
Walker

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:07 PM »

A few days later I should get this model. Then I can describe in more detail. Now it is known that the modification of "Etalon" for the series with the motor M-71.
Walker

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »

Well here is the model I have. Castings are very good, almost without fin and shrinkage. Although Short Run a good quality geometry models are very accurate, the design of surfaces though a bit let down. the pointing inside, right. Canopy thin and transparent. Canvas on control surfaces made exaggerated. Small errors with the cook and the screw by a propeller, small parts are made is not very detailed. Interer cabin a bit oversimplified. Overall a very good impression. Currently working on correcting a set of polyurethane resin.
marluc

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 02:44:44 PM »

Thanks John for showing us the kit and Walker for the review.Undoubtely,a very interesting kit,greetings.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:31 PM »

Thanks John for showing us the kit and Walker for the review.Undoubtely,a very interesting kit,greetings.

Martin

I agree, and I already have this kit on order - I'm still hoping it will be delivered this week! However (and stop reading now if you're tired of hearing me complain about the Yak-1b!), I wish they would do, yes, a well-detailed, accurate 1/72 Yak-1b! Even just an accurate one - it doesn't have to have loads of extra detail! I know lots of people will buy the I-185 because it's unusual, but there are so many possibilities with the Yak-1b, which actually saw service in large numbers, unlike the I-185. The connection with the Normandie Nieman group alone would guarantee some popular markings options, and make the kit popular in France as well. How many I-185 kits will one person buy? I know I'll only buy one. How many Yak-1b kits would I buy? Maybe five, if the kit doesn't cost too much, but at least two or three, even if it's more expensive!

John
Walker

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 10:59:27 PM »

Ha, John. Listen to you, it's time to start making a master model)))
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 02:42:11 AM »

Ha, John. Listen to you, it's time to start making a master model)))

Yes! Yes! Please!!! Wink

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »

Prop&Jet resin detail set for this kit - scroll down a bit:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_25982_start_80.html

Musa - a suggestion: Maybe you could consider doing a 1/72 resin early MiG-3 fuselage to replace the fuselage in the Hobby Boss kit, in order to convert it to an early MiG-3. Don't do this just because I think it's a good idea - do it if you think you could sell many of them! Wink

John
Walker

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 01:49:47 AM »

Thanks, John. Need to think about.
Walker

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 10:05:40 AM »

Correcting set for this model: http://propjet.ucoz.ru/forum/5-11-1
learstang

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 07:10:32 PM »

Nice correction set, Musa!  I'm still trying to scrape some money together to buy your razorback La-5 - times are a little tight for me money wise right now, I'm afraid, although hopefully that will change soon.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »

Hi Musa,
now I want absolutely buy this model as soon as possible to use your beautiful correction set. My compliments for your high craftsmanship, and thank you very much.
Best regards
Massimo Smiley
madoc

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 01:35:50 AM »

Musa & all,

I just picked up one of your detail sets for the I-185.  Nicely done!

Do you - or anyone else here - happen to have an English translation of the instructions?

Thanks,

Madoc
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: