Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
M-Hobby Article - Il-2 Kit Comparison?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:46:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-Hobby Article - Il-2 Kit Comparison?  (Read 5358 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: December 24, 2010, 02:37:13 AM »

Apparently a recent issue (November or December 2010?) of M-Hobby magazine includes an article comparing the various 1/72 Il-2 kits. Has anyone seen this? Can anyone provide any comments, or an English summary of the article? Thank you very much!

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 06:04:32 AM »

If you can find a copy of it, John, I'd be more than happy to take a butcher's and give my tuppence's worth.  I've seen (and bought) just about every Il-2 kit ever made.  I'd be extremely interested to see what the Russian take on them is (and to see if I agree with their assessments!).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
flanker

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »

As far i have heard Dakoplast is the most accurate (more accurate than Toko,Academy etc.) - so that is the best model
and Academy is the best kit.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:23:54 PM by flanker » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »

As far i have heard Dakoplast is the most accurate (more accurate than Toko,Academy etc.) - so that is the best model

Hi Flanker! Yes, I've heard the same. Right now on Scalemodels.ru, there's a discussion going on; one of the participants uses the name "DAKo", so I think he might be very familiar with that kit! Wink

I've also read good things about the Smer kit.

If you can find a copy of it, John, I'd be more than happy to take a butcher's and give my tuppence's worth.  I've seen (and bought) just about every Il-2 kit ever made.  I'd be extremely interested to see what the Russian take on them is (and to see if I agree with their assessments!).

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason! I hope we can come up with a copy somehow. I hate to admit it, but I too have pretty much all of the Il-2 kits, in 1/72 scale, at least. Probably a few dupicates among them as well...  Embarrassed

John
learstang

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »

Hi Flanker! Yes, I've heard the same. Right now on Scalemodels.ru, there's a discussion going on; one of the participants uses the name "DAKo", so I think he might be very familiar with that kit! Wink

I've also read good things about the Smer kit.

If you can find a copy of it, John, I'd be more than happy to take a butcher's and give my tuppence's worth.  I've seen (and bought) just about every Il-2 kit ever made.  I'd be extremely interested to see what the Russian take on them is (and to see if I agree with their assessments!).

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason! I hope we can come up with a copy somehow. I hate to admit it, but I too have pretty much all of the Il-2 kits, in 1/72 scale, at least. Probably a few dupicates among them as well...  Embarrassed

John
I agree with those assessments.  Dakoplast is the most accurate kit, Academy is the best kit (packaging, surface detail, etc.).  The Smer kit is also a nice kit, with a good cockpit, and the proper wooden rear fuselage, and not that wretched metal thing you see represented on so (too) many kits.  The Eduard kit is nice also, and I would think is up there with the Dakoplast arrow, except for that metal fuselage (although I plan to do one with the metal fuselage as a postwar example)!

John, it would be great if you could come up with a copy of the article.  As far as having all the Il-2 kits, don't be afraid to admit it, shout it from the tallest mountain top!  Dammit, Man, there's no such thing as too many Il-2 kits!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »

As far as having all the Il-2 kits, don't be afraid to admit it, shout it from the tallest mountain top!  Dammit, Man, there's no such thing as too many Il-2 kits!

Regards,

Jason

That's good; I was starting to think about checking for a local chapter of Shturmovik Kit Buyers Anonymous.

Hey Jason, merry Christmas to you, and the same to anyone else reading this thread!

John
learstang

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 01:17:45 AM »

Thank you, John!  Merry Christmas to you (stay warm up there in the Great White North) and Happy Holidays to all!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: