Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Profile Edition Book Announcement
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:52:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Profile Edition Book Announcement  (Read 4936 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: January 07, 2011, 08:09:30 PM »

http://viktorpublishing.blogspot.com/2011/01/ilyushin-il-2-shturmovik-single-seater.html

Viktor is no longer providing free downloads of his various profiles, and is now working on publishing a series of books. The first is the Il-2 single-seater, planned for February 2011; the book includes a decal sheet and a free vacuformed canopy. Looks like the second in the series will be the Il-2 two-seaters.

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:06:58 PM »

Thank you for the information, John!  I've already put myself down for one.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:25:53 AM »

Hi John and Jason,
49+49 euros for a work whose preliminary has already been published... I wish the best success to Viktor, but I have my own doubts on this.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »

Here's the latest news on this topic, copied and pasted from the 72nd Aircraft Forum, since Viktor is having trouble getting registered on the sovietwarplanes forum:

Please let me introduce the new series of WW2 aviation publications. Each publication includes also the 1/72 scale (1/48 is question of interest) sheet of highly accurate and historically authentic decals.

Following issues will be introduced:

No.1 ? Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik ? The single seater

No.2 ? Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik ? The two-seat versions

No.3 ? Messerschmitt Bf-109B/C/D/E in Spanish civil war (including the ?Luchs? flown by Werner M?lders)

No.4 ? Bell P-39 Airacobra ? ?AIR A CUTIE?

No-5 ? Boeing B-17F Flying Fortress ? ?Memphis Belle?/?Knock-out Dropper?/?My Devotion?

All profiles will be available in 3 variants:

1. Limited Colour Edition ? in print A4; contains full colour camouflage and marking schemes and decal sheet
2. Black&White Edition ? in print A5; contains b&w camouflage and marking schemes and decal sheet
3. Pdf Edition ? pdf A4; contains full colour camouflage and marking schemes and decal sheet

The Profile No.1

Available in February 2011. It contains information, photographs and drawings not included in the ?free-of-charge pdf?. The decal sheet allows you to build 21 Il-2s of all production versions. The ?Limited Colour Edition? contains a special bonus ? free of charge vacu canopy for early production Il-2s.

Prices and payment:

1. Limited Colour Edition: 49EUR + shipping costs (4,10EUR for EU/6,30EUR for other countries); if you send me an order until 1. February 2011, the price is 39EUR + shipping costs)
2. Black&White Edition: 24EUR (shipping costs paid by Viktor Publishing)
3. Pdf Edition: 15EUR + shipping costs (2,20EUR for EU/2,30EUR for other countries)

Payment via PayPal

Best rgds,

Viktor
--
http://www.viktorpublishing.blogspot.com

Note the extension of the reduced price offer on the full-colour hardcopy version until February 1. The decal sheet should be an excellent value - 21 options (I hope he didn't mean 12, but even 12 is very good!).

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 05:07:46 PM »

I received my copy of Viktor's Il-2 single-seat package (the digital version, on CD, + decals). It looks excellent, as you would expect! There are 22 options, all single-seaters except for two field-converted two-seaters. The decals are printed on Propagteam decal paper; instead of one large multi-colour sheet, you get 4 smaller sheets printed separately - one red, one black, and two white. This allows you to position the different colours without any worries about the print being out of register from one colour to another. Here, with Viktor's permission, is a scan of the colour profiles for the 22 different versions:

John

Edit - The above option count of 22 applies only to the 1/72 version; for 1/48, the number is 6; for 1/32, it's 4. Sorry!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:56:21 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:27 PM »

Hi John,
it looks very nice. But if all those camo bands are reported in exact way, I fear that any attempt to find standard templates for this type will be frustrated.

Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 04:23:09 AM »

Massimo, I'm hope I'm wrong, but from what I've seen from photographs, it's hard if not impossible to find consistent patterns for single-seater IL-2's, except of course for the very early topsides green at the beginning of the GPW.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: