Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Colour of 'Wheels Down' Indicator?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:23:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Colour of 'Wheels Down' Indicator?  (Read 7184 times)
krofire

« on: May 05, 2006, 12:18:40 PM »

It's amazing how the most trivial of things can drive you mad. I have been looking around for some clue about the actual colour of the 'wheels down' indicator rod that came up through the top of the wing on many VVS aircraft circa GPW. Few photo's show these well but what I have makes them look white or yellow - an obvious choice.

However, in one recent online article I read a modeller painted his red. I think one of the Squadron/Signal Yak in Action books seems to imply that they were striped! Not sure about that.

Does anyone have a better clue?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:37:09 PM by krofire » Logged

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
Michael_XIII

Bad Russian Boy

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »

On Yaks fighters  - red-white stripped as I know
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 11:09:29 PM »

Hi, Smiley
on MiG-3 they were dark, I suppose red as on the rebuilt plane.
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »

Hi, Smiley
on MiG-3 they were dark, I suppose red as on the rebuilt plane.
Massimo
In Yaks - horizontal red - white strips
In Ils - black-white stripes
krofire

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:59:08 PM »

Thanks for everyone's help. I used the white and red stripes on my Eduard Yak-3. Not to say that you can easily see it but I know it is there. By the way - I have sent photo's of the finished model into sovietwarplanes.com for inclusion onto the gallery - but no joy yet - it hasn't appeared. If it ever does you can play "spot the undercarriage down indicator colour"!

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 07:39:47 AM »

Hi Mark, Smiley
I think that John is extremely busy now. If you want, I can insert the images of your Yak-3 accessible from my page. Please send them aside some comments.
Massimo
krofire

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 09:11:59 PM »

Thanks - the photo's were E:Mailed to you a moment ago....

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »

Hi Mark, Smiley
already emailed? I haven't received them till now. I hope that the mailbox is reliable, but I know that many mails from me have been lost without any feedback. Let's wait for a while...
Massimo
krofire

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 05:47:23 PM »

Massimo,

Sorry to hear you haven't seen the E:Mail. It was sent to the E:Mail address you have registered on this forum: massimo.tessitori@libero.it ... It was sent on Tuesday 27th June at 20.09. It was 745KB. The E:Mail has not come back to me. I can send it again later today if you wish... Or you can supply me with an alternate E:Mail address?

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 11:18:09 PM »

Hi Mark, Smiley
I've received your images. They looks very good. I'll make a small page for them on next days.
The unreliability of emails is worrying Angry

Thank you
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: