Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-9R question
Sovietwarplanes
April 28, 2024, 11:03:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-9R question  (Read 4938 times)
ReccePhreak

« on: January 18, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »

I am gathering all the data I need, to build a 1/48 Yak-9R photo-recce version. I have come across this painting of what is said to be a Yak-9R, but I want to know if it is really that version, or just incorrectly named.

TIA,
Larry
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:56:08 AM »

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It's a Yak-9R, of 427 IAP, according to this profile:
http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/15/1/5/69

The profile originally appeared in the magazine Aviatsiya y Vremya, issue 68 (2003/No.6). Pilot's name not known. I don't know if there's any photographic evidence to back up the profile, though.

John
ReccePhreak

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 03:06:58 AM »

Hi John,

Thanks for that info and for the welcome. I have been lurking here for awhile, trying to gather info on VVS aircraft, especially paint colors.
Now that I know that's a real profile, I can eventually get started on it.

Cheers,
Larry
learstang

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:30:11 AM »

Dobro (Welcome) Larry!  This is certainly the place to learn about VVS colours.  Regarding your Yak-9R, I have a profile drawing of this version (it also includes a cutaway) you might be interested in.  I could post it here, but I'd have to shrink it down quite a bit (it's over 700KB) so some of the detail would be lost.  If you'd like, I could e-mail it to you.  Good luck on your project - I have a 1/72nd scale Yak-9M that's waiting for me to get over my Shturmovik fetish so I can finish it.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
ReccePhreak

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the welcome!

I already have a bunch of different drawings of the Yak-9, including cutaways of the Yak-9R. Thanks for the offer.

Cheers,
Larry

P.S The other 1/48 recce-modified VVS aircraft I have in the works are the Pe-2R (Finnish markings), IL-2KR and the LAGG-3. If I can uncover good data on other recce-modified VVS aircraft, then I will attempt them.
learstang

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:30 AM »

Larry, I have a Shturmovik I wish to do as an IL-2KR (of course - I'm kind of the Shturmovik guy around here, although Mr. Thompson seems to know a thing or two about them, as do some of the other folks on this site).  It seems to me that all of the 'KR's were arrows (swept-winged).  Do you have any evidence to the contrary (specifically photographs)?  This is just something I would like to know as general information as the IL-2KR I have I'm doing as an arrow.  Thank you for any information you can provide me!  By the way, nice list of recce aircraft.  I'd forgotten about the recce LaGG-3.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
ReccePhreak

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 05:16:20 AM »

Jason,

I Don't have any info on the IL-2KR to contradict your info. All I have is what other people have sent me, or is available in various books or online.

Larry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: