Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
2011 - Year of the Polikarpovs? + South Front 1/72 R-5
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 - Year of the Polikarpovs? + South Front 1/72 R-5  (Read 15801 times)
warhawk

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »

This just apeared on Serbian modeling forum with comment that these kits are announced for late 2011

Hey, I wrote that  Grin
This is based on the info from model-making.eu

If those kits are done with current ICM standard, it's gonna be sweeeet....
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:42:28 PM by warhawk » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 07:24:55 PM »

This just apeared on Serbian modeling forum with comment that these kits are announced for late 2011 (even tough U-2 was announced for late 2008):

New photoetched I-153 cowling face assembly by GoNzA (Anatoliy Kovalev), also planned for 1/72:

http://gonza.moy.su/_nw/0/93990565.jpg

I hope ICM releases their new Chaikas soon!

John
learstang

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »

Beautiful work from Anatoliy, as usual.  John, I've started work on my Frankenchaika again, so I'll try and finish it and see if we can't get ICM to release their Chaikas sooner.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »

John, I've started work on my Frankenchaika again, so I'll try and finish it and see if we can't get ICM to release their Chaikas sooner.

On behalf of all of us, thank you for making the sacrifice! Wink

John
Walker

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »

John, this is the scale of 1:48. How to etch a model which is not yet ready? To be honest I'm afraid to be disappointed. as happened with the Yak-3. Therefore, in advance is not ready to do any good. I have a feeling that it would be disappointing year.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:07:36 PM by Walker » Logged
learstang

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »

Musa, unless ICM do a completely bad job on the I-153, it's got be easier to build than what I'm doing.  Right now I'm trying to add three kits together to get one good Chaika.  I'm still looking forward to the ICM Chaika.  (Of course, if you did an I-153, I'm sure you'd have customers in John and myself!)

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 11:59:26 PM »

John, this is the scale of 1:48. How to etch a model which is not yet ready? To be honest I'm afraid to be disappointed. as happened with the Yak-3. Therefore, in advance is not ready to do any good. I have a feeling that it would be disappointing year.

Hi Musa! I'm sorry - I didn't think of it like that. I thought that Anatoliy would make the parts as accurate as possible, and if the model kit is wrong, then it will have to be corrected to match the accurate parts. In 1/72, the photoetched parts could even be used to correct this detail on the Heller I-153, I think. Two times I have asked ICM about the new I-153 kit, but all they say is that it will be released this year. If this fails, all of us will be disappointed.

John

(One more thing - I seem to remember reading that ICM are now using computer-aided design methods to master their new kits. If they had just left this process in the hands of a craftsman like V. Muchichko, the kit would probably have been released already. It would also be detailed like their existing kits which were done by Muchichko. Maybe it's still too soon - the year is not over yet - but I think they are having problems with their new process.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:10:37 AM by John Thompson » Logged
Walker

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 11:23:08 AM »

hopefully
TISO

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 04:57:45 PM »

Any news on R-5 by South Front?
I saw the PARC models R-5 but it is the same old kit that apeared long ago as APEX (i bought that one looooong time ago) with better plastic tough (Apex plastic was shit only gluable with massive amounts of liquid cement or cyanocrilate).

Disciple of Error
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: