Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Need help with snowy sturmovik
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 05:30:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with snowy sturmovik  (Read 13269 times)
papa_bear

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »

Great photos guys, this will help when the paint time comes...
On KL's photo, is the rudder at some angle or it is darker shade than vertical tail?
cheers,
Dalibor
learstang

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »

It may just be the angle, or, since it's a replacement rudder, it might have been a slightly different shade, with the paint under the white camouflage being black, perhaps, whilst the fixed fin's underpaint is green, but that's just conjecture.  Here's a photograph that shows them where they appear to be the same shade.  Again notice how the wing leading edge outboard of the undercarriage nacelle is light-coloured, leading me to think the wings outboard of the wing roots had the white camouflage.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
papa_bear

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »

Sweet photo Jason.
Yes it is definitely white rudder...
For the weekend I will start some work on cockpit of this bird...

cheers,
Dada
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:40 PM »

Hi Dada, Jason and Konstantin,
it looks that only the wingroot and the tip of the landing gear nacelles were left with the summer camo. White stops just a bit inside of the nacelles.
But, look how badly connected were the gun bays panels over the wing of the first plane inflight!
Regards
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 08:39:08 PM »

Konstantin and Jason,great pictures of "snowy 6".I agree with you that the external portion of the wing was painted in white.Greetings.

Martin
learstang

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 11:56:47 PM »

Hi Dada, Jason and Konstantin,
it looks that only the wingroot and the tip of the landing gear nacelles were left with the summer camo. White stops just a bit inside of the nacelles.
But, look how badly connected were the gun bays panels over the wing of the first plane inflight!
Regards
Massimo

Massimo, I'd noticed that about the gun panel.  It looks like someone was in a hurry!  I'm looking forward to your build, Dada and I'm glad you like the photo (and you also, Martin).

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:07:23 AM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: