Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Migi stalina review
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:17:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Migi stalina review  (Read 5270 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: October 17, 2005, 09:48:12 PM »

Hi,
I've provisionally uploaded a review of an interesting Polish monograph on MiG-3 at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/books/migistalina.html
If you have a look, please let me know if you find graamar errors or anything to improve.
John, could you add the linking to/from the books reviews page, please?
Massimo
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 12:09:17 PM »

Welcome all
Massimo I have mixed feefling about this Polish book. It's great that it appeared but...
The main text is based mainly on Russian "Istriebitiel MiG-3", it contains some editors mistakes.
I found also some strange thesis in this book - ie. armoured (curved) windscreen in late version. Where the only armoured glass I saw was the straight plate inside the cockpit - picture is on your site and in "Nieizviestnaya bitva v nebe Moskvy" by Khazanov.
The authors wrote also that MiG-3s were painted with AMT (AMT-7 & AMT -4) in 1941...
More over - the profiles were created much earlier than the text and do not match it Wink. The artists shows red upper wings surfaces on 12 GIAP 02 MiG with the special adnotation near the profile, but the authors wrote that it propably was green and red is wrong - according to the latests research..
Regards
Marcin Widomski
BTW - on drawings of late MiG-1 and MiG-3 and on all profiles there is a very strange panel line under the windscreen - in my opinion it should be straight.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »

Hi Marcin, Smiley
I had a further look to the drawings of migi stalina, and I have to agree that they are not perfect. I hope that we will do better drawings avoiding new mistakes.
A good quality of these drawings is to have noted that the horizontal tail plans of early and late MiG are different, but their interpretation of the shape don't match with photos. I think that the leading edge was unhaltered, while the division line between elevator and stabilizator is bended rearwards on late type and nearly straight on early. I suppose that the chord of elevators of early type was a bit narrower than on late type, else their surface should be smaller, while it is described as widened on an old text of Aresenyev. I wrote for a measure to the Finnish museum where an elevator of early type is preserved, but without an answer. However, the drawings of Voronin should represent well the late type and I proposed them as a base.
About the panel line under the windscreen: the small step is shown on the drawings of Voronin too, but it looks smaller.
By the way, thank you for the scan of the wreck. Did you receive my brief mail? My Libero mailbox is good to receive mails, but bad to send them. Undecided
Massimo
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:48:06 AM »

Yes I did.  Smiley I hope this photo will be usefull.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: