Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Amodel News for 2011
Sovietwarplanes
April 24, 2024, 11:35:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Amodel News for 2011  (Read 22838 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: March 06, 2011, 08:15:32 PM »

Scroll down to "Bubnov's" post dated March 4:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_16778_start_60.html

Looks like Amodel is still keeping the VVS faith! Someone wanted new 1/72 kits of the Su-1 and Su-3 - looks like he'll get them. Two more to add to my 2011 must-buy list... Wink

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »

Thank you for the link, John!  I was just wondering about an Su-1 - cool-looking aeroplane; I'll no doubt pick me up one.  I find that Tu-116 very interesting - can an early Tu-95 be far behind?  That they did the Bristol Brabazon is pretty amazing.  Ken Duffey (Flankerman) has one at his site - http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/modl_brabazon.html.  Not that it has anything remotely to do with the VVS or the Soviets, but it'd be great to see a Saro Princess.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »

Hi John,
Su-1 and 3... nice.
It looks that my older Polish kit will never be built. They are very rough, Amodel will do better.
I expected some R-10, because they just did a similar plane, but...
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »

Hi John,
Su-1 and 3... nice.
It looks that my older Polish kit will never be built. They are very rough, Amodel will do better.
I expected some R-10, because they just did a similar plane, but...
Regards
Massimo

I hope you are right, and Amodel doesn't just reissue the old Su-1 and Su-3 kits you're talking about! I've been a bit distrustful of them since they did this with the KP La-5FN, instead of creating a new mold. The KP kit is certainly a good one, but... Wink

On the other hand, regarding the R-10, Amodel are good at providing unannounced surprises sometimes, so maybe there's still a chance!

John
Azagtoth

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »

Just received Su-1 and Su-3.Nice little kits indeed.Now i only need  some  plans to put them on.
Too good to be true!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:06:46 PM by Azagtoth » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »

Just received Su-1 and Su-3.Nice little kits indeed.Now i only need  some  plans to put them on.
Too good to be true!

This might help:
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/su1.html

This is the pinned information thread from Scalemodels.ru regarding the Su-1 and Su-3:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_30238.html

Here's a couple of threads from Scalemodels.ru; one is about the Siga 1/72 kit, the other is the Aer Moldova 1/48 one, but there may be something useful in them for you. I was sure I remembered a thread specifically discussing the Amodel kits, but maybe I was thinking of the pinned thread.
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_23548.html
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_4090.html

Building the Siga one:
http://scalemodels.ru/articles/3010-MM-Siga-model-1-72-su-1---pervenec-okb-sukhogo.html

Give the auto-translation thing a few seconds to start up to see them in English. Enjoy! Wink

John
learstang

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 12:35:41 AM »

Too good to be true!

Welcome to the site and glad to hear the Sukhois are nice kits!  I'm tempted to buy them as I think they're sharp-looking aeroplanes.  Unfortunately I only have about 50 unbuilt VVS subjects in line before them.  Then again, what's a few more unbuilt VVS kits?

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Azagtoth

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »

LOL, my thoughts exactly...but i can't help myself.
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »

On the other hand, regarding the R-10, Amodel are good at providing unannounced surprises sometimes, so maybe there's still a chance!

John

As I hoped, Amodel are continuing with their surprises - according to today's Modelimex newsletter, the latest 1/72 releases include not only the previously-announced Yak-200 and Yak-210, but also a Yak-25B, and in the Future Releases, a MiG E-7PD (fantastic!), as well as a couple of Japanese DC-2/-3 lookalikes.

John
learstang

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »

John, those aren't DC-3 lookalikes, but licence-built DC-3's, known as "Tabby" during the war.  It's interesting that Amodel would come out with the L2D before the Li-2 - perhaps an Li-2 is in the works, even a night bomber!  Authentic Decals are coming out with a 1/72nd scale set for Soviet B-25's - probably worth a purchase.  Although it has nothing to do with the VVS, I also see that AZ are coming out with the Super Mystere - very nice.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
K.Ingraham

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 01:25:35 AM »

and speaking of the Li-2; I'd love to see a conversion in 72d AND 48th for the common C-47 kits, or even just that Soviet made turret that graced the Li-2s and many of the A-20s. If not complete kits, then at least conversion sets with the turret.
learstang

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 06:27:26 AM »

I agree, especially about the A-20's.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Azagtoth

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »

John , thnx for the links...as soon as i can, i shall putlittle Su on the plans.
Last week i  took a chance and bought I-17 TSKB-19, and i wasn't dissapointed.Its way ahead of the old
I-17 of Amodel.
It is something completely new, and done  quite nice, almost Tamigawa quality.
I'll try to  obtain  one more for kitbash because old one is very crude.Difference is  landing gear position, and  nose, as i  remember correctly.
By the way i also ordered  new I-185, and ill keep you posted.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:32:53 AM by Azagtoth » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »

TsKB-19 of Amodel? Very nice plane! I've completed recently the old model, that is weak particularly for the canopy. I hope that the new one will have the choice between that of 2nd and of 3rd prototype, so one can use the first one to replace the old canopy without sacrifying a model.
Differences are wider than the landing gear and nose, I fear. The dorsal chord is deeper, at least on the third prototype. The rudder is slightly different, but can be modified easily. I suppose that one can recycle the horizontal surfaces of tail, the upper part of wings, the internal details and few other things. However I fear that a kitbash could be nearly as difficult as improving the old kit that, although crude, is fairly accurate.
Regards
Massimo
Azagtoth

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »

Massimo, new one I-17 has  butifully casted  canopy,  ill try to make vacu copies to use on older types of I-16. Grin
I also fear that  kitbash would be quite an enterprise.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:26:02 PM by Azagtoth » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: