Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Article in SAM concerning White 27 Kozhedub's La-7 (Gavia kit build)
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 09:47:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Article in SAM concerning White 27 Kozhedub's La-7 (Gavia kit build)  (Read 5306 times)
krofire

« on: May 10, 2006, 07:22:59 PM »

Anyone interested in building the Gavia line of La-7 kits should try and pick up a copy of May 2006 (Vol 28 Nbr 3) Scale Aircraft Modelling. (www.guidelinepublications.co.uk) This is widely available in the UK - I don't know about overseas.

The article covers research and Kit build on Ivan Kozhedub's La-7 White 27. It is written by Aleksandar Sekularac. He makes good use of the work of Erik Pilawskii and the new range of White Ensign Model paints for the VVS. Amongst several interesting features is how it was necessary to widen the rear spine of the kit which was too narrow. Good reading.

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 06:12:19 AM »

Hi, Smiley
I'll buy the magazine for sure.
About the Gavia kit, I have the idea (from photos of the built model seen on magazines) that its canopy is too low, or positioned in too recessed way. What do you think of this?
Massimo
krofire

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »

In fact the Article has now appeared over at http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Modeling/Lavochkin/La-7/Gavia/Workbench/index.php and appears to have more pictures than the magazine article. So, no need to buy the magazine. The article wording is different. The magazine has it heavily edited/translated and is somewhat more formal.

Aleksandar make no specific reference to Canopy height/position but he does say the "Depth of Gavia's fuselage from the profile view is also a bit too shy....." However he goes on to explain in great detail about how he managed to get the Falcon vacformed Canopy to fit (it was designed for the Hobbycraft kit). This might answer your questions.

I have a small stack of the Gavia kits to work through. When I get round to it I'll let you know.

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
Dark Green Man

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:05:47 AM »

small stack ?
is there such a thing ?
 Grin

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: