Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New book: Mig-1 & Mig-3 by E. Pilawskii
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:55:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New book: Mig-1 & Mig-3 by E. Pilawskii  (Read 6897 times)
KL

« on: March 17, 2011, 07:16:59 AM »

The MiG-1 & MiG-3 In Profile & Scale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...details the MiG-1 and -3 family of fighters as never seen before.
...many pages of original, never previously published scale line drawings (in 1:48).

The line drawings are the culmination of nearly 25 years' dedicated work on such scale details, and should present the most complete, accurate and illuminating such work anywhere at the present time.

...first time a comprehensive picture of the technical development of MiG series manufacture.
...thoroughly illustrated via seven complete sets of 1:48 scale, five view, drawings showing the main production versions of this aircraft (detailing their time of manufacture and Production Number ranges), in addition to scrap and detailed views.
...at long last many hitherto confused or inaccurate details will be clarified and rectified.

Many of the colour profiles be familiar to most students of the MiG-1 and -3 ... several profiles will doubtless be new even to experienced readers   Lips Sealed

70 pp., full-colour, soft bound in A4 format

Retail Price  ? 32.99

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »

Hmmm... it could be interesting, but I don't think that I'll spend that money for it.
If anyone buys it, please let me know if it accomplishes to these strong promises.
However, I was curious to know how Erik employs his own time.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:27:27 AM »

Hmmm... Not too good, I would say. The photos are already known, and his way to interpretate them is typical of his philosophy, ignoring all knowledges obtained on these years.
Are the scans from your copy? I would remove them from the forum to avoid problems from him.
Massimo
KL

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 08:02:07 AM »

Scans are from: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-1-mig-3-in-profile-scale/15112453
Pilawski posted them at Lulu as a preview, no need to remove them from the forum.

Hmmm... Not too good, I would say.

It's bad, I would say.  More acidic green, cyan blue and fictional "Factory green" (now he calles it AEh-15) Grin

The photos are already known, and his way to interpretate them is typical of his philosophy, ignoring all knowledges obtained on these years.

You are right, he doesn't care what others say about Soviet colours.  Vahlamov's & Orlov's work was already few years old when he started work on his first book (SAFFC). But, he chose to ignore it.

Cheers,
KL  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:04:15 AM by KL » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 01:30:43 AM »

Scans are from: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-1-mig-3-in-profile-scale/15112453
Pilawski posted them at Lulu as a preview, no need to remove them from the forum.

Too bad he didn't post a page or two of the line drawings; I'd like to see whether these are improved over the ones in his I-16 book. I'm also curious about the two-page "MiG Nose Development" section referred to in the table of contents.

John
learstang

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 03:41:38 AM »

It's a shame the book's accuracy isn't better - it looks good.  As a matter of fact, when (not if) I finish my great tome on the Shturmovik, I may very well use Lulu.  Let's hope my book is a little more accurate, at least enough to satisfy the tough crowd here.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: