Uploaded on 23 May 2020
drawing by Yu.A. Guglya, Ukraina AeroHobby, 1/1994.
On the layout of the I-16 fighter Type 24, the numbers indicate:
- 1 - Screw AV-1;
- 2 - Motor M-63;
- 3 - Oil cooler;
- 4 - Oil tank (23 l);
- 5 - Additional oil tank (12l);
- 6 - Fuel tank (260 l);
- 7 - Filler tank (4 l);
- 8 - Machine gun ShKAS (7.62 mm);
- 9 - blast tube of the machine gun;
- 10 - Cartridge box of the synchronyzed ShKAS;
- 11 - Cartridge box of the wing mounted machine guns;
- 12 - Oxygen device KPA-3 bis;
- 13 – Instrument of control of the shutter of oil radiators
and shutters (right side),
- 14 - Instrument of control of normal gas, high-altitude gas and
switching the speed of the supercharger;
- 15 - Instrument for controlling the booster and the pitch of the
screw (left side);
- 16 - Lifting gear of the landing gear (starboard side);
- 17 - Screw mechanism for controlling the flaps (left side);
- 18 - Handle for dropping the auxiliary gas tanks (left side);
- 19 - Handle of the lifting mechanism of the seat;
- 20 - RSI-3 radio (Orel transmitter, dynamotor, power pack);
- 21 - Sokol RSI-3 receiver;
- 22 - Operating hatch (starboard side);
- 23 - Crutch oil-pneumatic shock absorber;
- 24 - Spring-loaded shutters for rudder hinges;
- 25 - PAK-1 sight;
- 26 - Photographic machine gun;
- 27 - Tail navigation light;
- 28 - Tail wheel (duralumin roller, 150 x 75);
- 29 - Duralumin tapes for attaching the gas tank;
- 30 - Frontal shutters.
nose and propeller
and extenal loads
This work was made with the important help of Bernard Le Guenno (BLG), Daniele
Righi (Righidan), PG Monster and Aleksandrs Ruckovskis.
This work collects photos from many sources, not always identified and mentioned.
This was made for research purposes, not intended to obtain an economical gain
from them nor to offend the rights of anyone.
Besides, many of the images were published on multiple sources, making difficult
to credit them to one source without forgetting other ones.
If someone has rights on the images reproduced here, please don't feel hurted,
email to me and I shall provide to remove or to credit them.