Crea sito
 
Tu-2 in Bulgaria
By Michal Sekula
November 8, 2015
back to Tupolev Tu-2
back to VVS research index

 

Wikipedia:
The Bulgarian Air Force, along with other branches of the military, adopted the doctrine of the Soviet deep battle in its Cold War development. The force expanded rapidly with deliveries of different types of combat aircraft. The first shipments of Soviet equipment arrived immediately after the end of World War II, mostly consisting of propeller-driven aircraft, such as the Ilyushin Il-2, the Ilyushin Il-10 and the Tupolev Tu-2.
By 1954, these types were withdrawn from service.





Currrently Tu-2T, tactical number 27 is on display in the Bulgarian Museum of Aviation near the Plovdiv Airport, often referred to as Plovdiv Krumovo Airport, after a small village located 6 km south-east away from the city on the main Plovdiv-Asenovgrad highway.