Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Authentic ModelMaster Colours
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Authentic ModelMaster Colours  (Read 4414 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: January 10, 2012, 04:11:03 PM »

This may be of interest - "authentic" WWII Russian colours from Testors/ModelMaster. I think the authenticity may be questionable (even I can see some problems here, including the fact that MM doesn't even try to use accepted designations like AMT-7, 4BO, etc.), but for better or worse, at least one person on Scalemodels.ru seems to be recommending them. Despite the fact that the link comes from the Yak-3 decals thread, it's possible these are supposed to be modern aircraft (or even armour) colours, not VVS/GPW, although the link does say "wwii-russian":
http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/paints-and-washes/model-master-paints-1/model-master-enamel-paints-wwii-russian-.html

John
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:07:19 PM by John Thompson » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:01:12 PM »

John, I've seen and actually used some of these colours.  The Topside Green I bought thinking it might be AMT-4.  It wasn't - too dark, and no olive in it.  However, the Russian Topside Blue is what I currently use for AMT-7 (it's not as bright as and has just a little more grey than the WEM AMT-7, which I had been using - about the only usable paint from that fiasco of "authentic Soviet WWW colours" - WEM, I mean).  I believe these are modern, or at least postwar colours.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:33:16 PM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »

Hi John and Jason,
underside grey... topside blue... not ww2 colors, I would say. However, I want to test some Modelmaster paints for a comparison with Humbrol that hardens in the can too easily.
Regards
Massimo
Palanadine

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »

Good afternoon

I can only speak about the Interior Blue/Green color, number 2135, used during the Cold War in aircraft like the MiG-21/ -23/ -25. Having used it, i think it catches the shade of the original color quite well.

Regards,

Panayotis

"We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust the sails."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: