Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
AII Light Blue
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:59:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AII Light Blue  (Read 4812 times)
Seawinder

« on: December 22, 2011, 08:44:22 PM »

Where do folks stand on this color presently? Is there an FS number suggested as an approximation? Apparently it's lighter and grayer than AMT-7 and perhaps with just a bit more green. The chart at scalewiki.ru gives both X5466 and X5526, which are not at all similar. Can anyone take this any further?

Pip Moss

p.s. if this has been discussed elsewhere in the forum, I apologize. I looked everywhere I could think of, but didn't find anything.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:15:06 PM by Seawinder » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 07:12:43 AM »

Hi Pip. According to Orlov, AII blue should be light and saturate, not greyish.
From  the Avakollectia;
Blue lacquer AMT-7 more accurately described as grey-blue. Storage allowed ?a slight change in colour?. In parallel with AMT-7 the old dope was used for a second cover - AII Sv.gol. - light-blue colour [AII Blue?]. The colour of it - really a light-blue, lighter than AMT-7, almost without shades of grey. Academy of St. Nakraski goal. Albom in 1948 not because by this time it is no longer used, but retained the earlier archival specimens and the remains of the shell of the emergency aircraft.
The wreck of MiG-3 preserved in Veesiveehma is more greyish and greenish of this description, and of the chip of Akan, being closer to what is espected from A-18f (but, according to Lumppio, it's utilized on wood parts too, that would be strange for A-18f); it's unclear if this is due to its age or what else.
p.s.
I've looked for matches in M-hobby 1/99, and it gives 35526 that doesn't match much with the description of the more recent publication of the same author.
Lumppio gives 35352 for the LaGG-3 and MiG-3 of Veesiveehma.
All this is not very consistent, to tell the truth.
Regards
Massimo

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:40:07 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Seawinder

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »

Hi Pip. According to Orlov, AII blue should be light and saturate, not greyish.
From  the Avakollectia;
Blue lacquer AMT-7 more accurately described as grey-blue. Storage allowed ?a slight change in colour?. In parallel with AMT-7 the old dope was used for a second cover - AII Sv.gol. - light-blue colour [AII Blue?]. The colour of it - really a light-blue, lighter than AMT-7, almost without shades of grey. Academy of St. Nakraski goal. Albom in 1948 not because by this time it is no longer used, but retained the earlier archival specimens and the remains of the shell of the emergency aircraft.
The wreck of MiG-3 preserved in Veesiveehma is more greyish and greenish of this description, and of the chip of Akan, being closer to what is espected from A-18f (but, according to Lumppio, it's utilized on wood parts too, that would be strange for A-18f); it's unclear if this is due to its age or what else.
p.s.
I've looked for matches in M-hobby 1/99, and it gives 35526 that doesn't match much with the description of the more recent publication of the same author.
Lumppio gives 35352 for the LaGG-3 and MiG-3 of Veesiveehma.
All this is not very consistent, to tell the truth.
Regards
Massimo

Hi Massimo.
Yes, the inconsistency of references is what prompted my initial post. The description you quoted from the Avakollectia sounds closest to scalewiki.ru's proposal of 35466. M-hobby's 35526 seems very pale and grayish and doesn't match my expectations for the color, but who knows?. Lumpio's 35352 has a lot of green in it and seems to hark back to the pre-war blue-grey. Hmm. I think I'll go with something closer to the Avakollectia description unless some more compelling evidence turns up.

Thanks!
Pip
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: