Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tapani's profiles of Il-4
Sovietwarplanes
April 24, 2024, 07:25:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Tapani's profiles of Il-4  (Read 35398 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: May 18, 2012, 08:39:04 AM »

Hi,
I've uploaded a page of profiles of Il-4 and DB-3F at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/db3-il4/db3-il4.htm.
The artwork and research is of Tapani.
The page is still on work for adding some profiles and for minor corrections.
If anyone has suggestions of any kind, please let us know.
Regards
Massimo
K.Ingraham

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:10:58 PM »

Spasiba Massimo! I just changed the intended schemes for my two kits and now have three new choices to decide among. Good stuff there, much more interesting than the picks on the decals I have.

Now if only Zvesda or (dare I suggest something so outlandish) Mr Tamiya would decide that the world would be a better place with a 48th kit of this beast.
learstang

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »

Nice additions to the page on the IL-4, Massimo.  I'll second the 1/48th scale IL-4, Kevin; it would look nice next to my Tamiya arrow.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

Hi Kevin and Jason,
a kit in 1/48 would be interesting for sure. But I fear that the type is poorly reproduced in the basic 1/72 too, to say nothing about its predecessor DB3 that is not too beautiful, but is important and can wear a lot of interesting field made camouflages.
Do you know any good building report of an Il-4, please?
Regards
Massimo
K.Ingraham

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »

None of any value. I just checked my bookmarks and none deal with modeling either 72d "kit."

I threw the one print "modeling" article I had away since it was mostly pretty pictures of the modeler's completed build with nothing to offer about how he dealt with the kit.

I have both 72d kits, they occupy the same space in the lowest ranks of kit quality, think 1970. Each one has some advantages over the other but neither is superior to the other, or superior to much else.
I bought all of the Gophy/Groby?Goofy whatever that line was resin & it is beautiful! This all from memory. Decal sheets too, I forget which at the moment but whatever they offer, I'm using a couple of your selections instead.

Now long ago here I promised an in-progress review of the Yer-2 that I haven't started so I won't be tempted again. However, later maybe I'll bring the kits, resin & decals upstairs, give them a once-over & post my impressions to explain my judgement, or maybe adjust it.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »

Hi,
I've uploaded one more profile and updated another one. It's all for some time. I hope that Tapani will find time and enthusiasm to prosecute the work on the page again.
I remember vaguely a page about the kitbashing of models of Zvezda and Revell (or VEB, it's the same) made by Ken Duffey. I've no longer the link.
Regards
Massimo
K.Ingraham

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »

Now that you mention it, I also recall such an article. So it's out there somewhere.
I no longer let AMS rule my modeling, now that I have rediscovered the joy of actually getting models finished, I try to live by "good enough."
With these IL-4s, I'll worry more about good basic modeling, rather than strict accuracy that no one in my modeling circles will ever notice. With the resin sets and careful building, I'll get all the complements that I'd get anyway. And, more importantly, I'll be able to show completed models!
I kind of alternate between "shake&bake" kits and serious challenge limited run level kits. Each bring their own kind of satisfaction.
And now that summer is here, maybe I'll show the most important thing: action over talk!!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »

I agree, I fear that we haven't to be too severe with Il-4 kits, if we really want to complete any building. However I have to open the box of my Revell and understand why it is said to be so ugly.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 12:17:09 PM »

Hi,
should anyone be interested, there is some discussion on Il-4 at http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?s=5816852c9cef0df8ead9489e3f9741c2&showtopic=234919031&pid=1041233&st=20&
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »

Hi,
I've uploaded a new profile of Tapani and photos in this page
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/db3-il4/tapani/3torpedo.htm
We hope to increase the page with some unhedited paintings in the near future.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »

Hi, a new one. This is particularly nice.
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/db3-il4/tapani/17brushed.htm
B_Realistic

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »

An Il-4 in 1/48.
That's what we need. Cheesy
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 09:11:19 PM »

Maybe in 1/72 too... existing kits are rather poor.
Regards
Massimo
Saivila

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »

Actually It could be a success in 1/48, but who's got the balls enough to make it !? Trumpeter for sure.
It's unlikely that Eduard or ICM or Zvezda someday release this, but who knows.  A Model stays on
smaller scales i think.

B_Realistic

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 10:33:42 AM »

I think that it will indeed take a while that a company will release an Il-4 in 1/48.
But it will be released more by Zvezda, Modelsvit or Bilek then Trumpeter or even Eduard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: