Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Victory marks on Pokryshkin's P-39 "100"
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: Victory marks on Pokryshkin's P-39 "100"  (Read 136882 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »

Hi,
I found at http://an-84.livejournal.com/61549.html this interesting photo of La-7 with the inscription "...yshkinu", apparently "Pokryshkinu" e.g. "To Pokryshkin"

with the description:
During the fall of 1944 Pokryshkin, Commander of 9 giad, received several new domestic La-7 fighter aircrafts for military trials. But at the end he decided "not to change the horses in middle of the route" and they ended war with the "rogue" Airacobras already well-known to his pilots and technicians.
It was even said that the third HSU Gold Star was delayed because the commander of the 9 giad spins out the rearmament onto the Soviet technique...

According to some sources this is reason why Pokryshkin refused La-7 in his unit - Klubov's death in La-7 in November 1, 1944 during La-7 trials.

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2015, 09:29:56 PM »

Hi Misos,
interesting images. I've read somewhere about this accident; before this, Pokryshkin appreciated much more Lavochkins instead of Yaks, but his enthusiasm was frozen by this accident.
It would be very interesting to find more on these Lavochkins, but no numbers, no profiles...
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2015, 10:10:46 PM »

I suppose it may just be a photographic artefact, but the outline on the star behind Pokryshkin on the La-7 does not appear to be white. Silver, perhaps (although it's not shiny)?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2015, 07:27:36 PM »

Hi,
based on recent discussions on the Russioan forum and also conclusions on this forum I made updated profile of Pokryshkin's "Sotka".
Plus I finally finished basic template fot Top & Bottom view, so I made also for this "Sotka".

EDIT July 9th, 2015 - picture deleted and new one posted bellow.

Regards,
  66misos

PS: So now it's time to finish also Sukhov's "50".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:28:09 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »

Hi Misos,
looks a good work, but the canopy of the top view doesn't give the idea to be clear. I suggest to make its layer's opacity at 50% and make some simplified detail of the inside.
As a simpler alternative, you could darken the existing layer up to medium grey.
Regards
Massimo
Flavio

« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2015, 11:29:04 PM »

based on recent discussions on the Russian forum and also conclusions on this forum I made updated profile of Pokryshkin's "Sotka".

Nice Work 66Misos,

please can you tell us more information about recent discussion you are referring?

Thank you

Flavio
66misos

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2015, 06:43:49 PM »

Hi,
thank you for comments.

Massimo,
that non-transparent canopy was my intention, same as missing propeller blades. Seems it was not good decission, so I will update it - add some interior and propeller blades next days.

Flavio,
it was when I made original profiles of Pokryshkin's Cobras (somewhere in this long thread) and lately it was when I colorized photo of Pokryshkin standing on his "Sotka" http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1932.0 and WIP posted at VIF forum at airforce.ru. If I remember correctly, those comments came mainly from I.Zlobin and M.Bykov.

Regards,
  66misos

66misos

« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2015, 11:26:29 PM »

Hi,
here is the updated picture - added cockpit interior and propeller blades:

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2015, 06:08:35 AM »

Hi Misos,
it looks excellent now. The effect of the glazing is very credible. Will you send the files to update your page?
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2015, 08:18:08 AM »

Hi Misos,
it looks excellent, great job.

I am not sure about the propeller blades:  if landing gear is retracted - the plane is flying, propeller is spinning and blades shouldn't be visible.
If blades are static - the plane is on the ground and landing gear should be down...

Of course, if the plane is flying, pilot should be in the cockpit.   Cheesy

my 2 cents....  Wink
KL
66misos

« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2015, 09:13:20 AM »

Hi Gents,
Thanks for your comments.  Grin
KL, I am fully aware of all those aspects. And there is even more - if landing gears are down, also flaps should be down, sky/ground should be somewhere etc.
Let's say I used "artistic lience" to show how that plane could look. Wink
Regards,
  66misos

IgorZ

« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2018, 03:10:16 PM »

Here is your original picture - you intentionally deleted red spinner and red cap on the tail: -

As I write below, I do not have for that period of basics drawing a red tip of the tail and a cook, since the photographs of the planes did not confirm this.

Your comment:
And so, according to the documents of the CAMO and the analysis of photographs of the aircraft of the 16th GvIAP:
In the Kuban in April-June in the 16th Guyap
1- there were no red coats
2-there were no red cocoons
3-designations of victories on the plane of the tire are not present.

However, this is your decal sheet with Pokryshkin's P-39 "White 100" and red spinner is back again:

All right, this profile appeared after the publication of a picture with asterisks of victories, based on this picture I added a red nose.

Is there any other information confirming red spinnner except this photo?

Other pictures I do not know.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: