Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IL-2 winter sheme
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:56:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IL-2 winter sheme  (Read 4094 times)
B_Realistic

« on: June 28, 2012, 09:55:21 AM »

Hi,

Because I'm currently busy with my Il-2 from AM I need some advice concerning winter shemes.
This will be in overall white and the underside remains in AII light blue.
I use the decal sheet 48-199 from Aeromaster Shturmoviks Part 1.
My question is if someone has some reference pctures of the washable paint?
I found some on Massimo's Mig-3 Sovietwarplanes Evolution of the Shturmovik and its camouflage.
Considering that it states they used MK-7 which is a good match AKAN, Vallejo, Gunze, Tamiya?

Michel
KL

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »

Hi Michel,
appearance of MK-7 depended on the way it was applied (sprayed or brushed) and weathering (it was washable with hot water).
If applied in factory, paint was sprayed over regular camouflage and the paint layer was more even.  If brushed in the field it was uneven.  Sometimes in the field planes were partially covered in MK-7.
Even when new, MK-7 was slightly transparent and original camouflage was visible undernith.

HTH,
KL
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »

KL,

has it a chalk appearance?

Michel
learstang

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »

Michel, the MK-7 white distemper paint would have had a very matte appearance.  The undersides were actually in AMT-7 Blue, not AII Blue, which would have only been used on the wooden rear fuselages of very early Shturmoviks.  Good luck on your Shturmovik!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:29 AM »

Jason,

I've sent you a PM.

Michel
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: