Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Soviet anti-shipping / torpedo aircraft?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:13:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Soviet anti-shipping / torpedo aircraft?  (Read 26935 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »

Eventually one could use the engine cowlings of a Bloch 174 to make the version of 1940. In this case, there is also to rebuild the glazed part behind the cockpit. The kit of Revell is rare, it's a pity to scratch it to recover  the cowlings only, that have anyway to be opened and modified.  Probably I'll try to build my Revell kit correcting the fuselage cross section and the tail as possible. I wonder if I'll find a better glazing for the turret.
Regards
Massimo
AC26

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 10:48:54 AM »

Eventually one could use the engine cowlings of a Bloch 174 to make the version of 1940. In this case, there is also to rebuild the glazed part behind the cockpit. The kit of Revell is rare, it's a pity to scratch it to recover  the cowlings only, that have anyway to be opened and modified.  Probably I'll try to build my Revell kit correcting the fuselage cross section and the tail as possible. I wonder if I'll find a better glazing for the turret.
Regards
Massimo
Hi!

Why not try to dig out Goffy Models detailing set for Zvezda? It has both old and new cowls and plenty of other useful stuff.

See: http://www.rollmodels.net/standard/show_sale_new.php?hileveldesc=1%2F72+Resin+Aircraft+Details&manufacturer=Goffy+Model

Same company did also a cockpit set for Il-4.

Cheers,

AaCee
learstang

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »

Thank you, AaCee!  I didn't know about those.  I think Goffy's been out of business for some time, but perhaps Roll Models do still have the engines in stock.  Worth pursuing.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »

There; I just ordered the set.  Let's see if they actually have it (it looks quite nice)!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Aaronw

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »

There; I just ordered the set.  Let's see if they actually have it (it looks quite nice)!

Regards,

Jason

If you have any luck, please let me know. I've had bad luck with them actually having anything in stock, but it has been a long time since I've ordered from them. Maybe they have purged their catalog of the ancient stuff that is impossible to get anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: