Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New page on Il-2M3
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 02:46:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New page on Il-2M3  (Read 22777 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »

Hi,
I was suggested by Alex Ruchkovsky that this plane could be likely a straight wing Il2-37. The wing is broken and distorted, but the flap hinge line looks aligned with the aileron, that is typical of straight winged ones, and the splitted hatches seem resembling to those seen on photos of wrecks of this type.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »

Hi, as Alex has suggested, a further exam of the photo has shown the rocket rails rear ends, that were not on Il2-37.
I had a closer look to the metal plate whose disconinuity suggested an arrow wing, but I see that the sheet is deformed and separed from the wing fillet; if one traces a line from the wooden part to the fillet, he can see that the wing is straight.
The relatively small stars are in the style of Z 30, Z.1 had larger stars on the tail, and those on the fuselage were closer to the tail leaving no space
for numbers.
It remains the mistery of the unexpected look of hatches.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »

In a way, that's good that it's not an Il-2-37, as that means the drawings don't have to be modified, at least for my book.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: