Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hungarian Il-2
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:18:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hungarian Il-2  (Read 4569 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: June 14, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »

Hi, I would find documents on an Il-2 captured by Hungarians.
I've found a profile here
http://wp.scn.ru/ru/ww2/a/264/13/0/1
and a photo on the Squadron monograph that is unclear because of the foliage camouflaging it, but it seems a singleseater converted into twoseater.
Does anyone know if there are other photos or documents on this plane?
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:15:43 AM by JP » Logged
barneybolac

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 06:13:34 AM »

Best I can get you.

learstang

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:27:01 AM »

Thank you, Barney!  That's the one Massimo and I have.  I do notice something new, though - this appears to have the reinforcing struts on the rear fuselage.  I hadn't noticed that before.  Interestinger and interestinger.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:06:54 AM »

Hi Barney, hi Jason,
however it's a bit cleaner than my scan. Thak you for sharing it. Now I think it's not a converted twoseater, but an usual singleseater with the rear panel removed and vegetation to make some confusion. A part of the wire aerial is visible in front of the tail, and so the vertical thing is necessarily the radio mast. I wonder if the repainting was completed so, with only partial markings and camo, or it was later completed with full Hungarian tri-color tail and axis yellow bands to prevent friendly fire, that looks more likely.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 10:41:19 AM »

Hi,
I've received a photo of the just captured plane and I've added it to the page:https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/il-2/il2-camo/germans/germans.html
righidan

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 11:35:56 PM »

Dear Massimo,
   Thank you for sharing such an interesting photo.
   It is wonderful, but new unknown wartime photos continue to appear.
Cheers
Daniele

Daniele
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 05:44:43 AM »

Thank you Daniele.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: