Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/72 Il2-37
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:23:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/72 Il2-37  (Read 9309 times)
sinang aribowo

« on: August 18, 2013, 03:01:40 AM »

hello, my name is sinang aribowo.
I'm from Indonesia. It's my first post here.

I found that your site is incredible. Thanks for sharing it.

This is my last month build. An Academy 1/72 Il-2M built to Il2-37.
The scheme is inspired by one of the profile I found here. There are "unused parts" that actually can be use for making an Il2-37.
I filled out panel lines with putty on the wings as the profile for reference. Than make a few access hatch (for the rounds I think) with aid of vinyl stickers.

thank you very much
sinang aribowo
learstang

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 03:17:42 AM »

Very nice job, Sinang, and welcome to the site!  I'm kind of the Il-2 enthusiast here.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:07:39 AM »

Hi Sinang,
thank you for sharing the photos of your nice model. I'm happy that my drawing of white 36 was useful for you.
Are the gun pods included into the Academy kit, or are they from another kit as the Hobby Boss one?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:32 AM »

Hi Sinang,

Welcome her. I saw your submissions on ARC yesterday. All three planes look very nice.
On my monitor it looks like your IL-2M has light brown + green + dark green camo. Do I see correctly?

Regards,
     66misos

sinang aribowo

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 12:53:39 PM »

Hi Sinang,
thank you for sharing the photos of your nice model. I'm happy that my drawing of white 36 was useful for you.
Are the gun pods included into the Academy kit, or are they from another kit as the Hobby Boss one?
Regards
Massimo

Thank you Massimo, keep up the good work.
Still haven't made up my decision what livery is for my 1/48 Tamiya's Shturmovik. Maybe you can help me with which is the most beautiful arrow wing livery for you. Maybe the never seen before in scale model. Smiley

Yes, Those parts are exist if you checked the A sprue from the Academy Il-2M kit. In the instruction manual they're marked as unused parts.

Hi Sinang,

Welcome her. I saw your submissions on ARC yesterday. All three planes look very nice.
On my monitor it looks like your IL-2M has light brown + green + dark green camo. Do I see correctly?

Regards,
     66misos

Thank you 66misos! Smiley
If you see light brown + green + dark green camo you are right. I used Tamiya acrylics for all the colors. For the dark green I actually put a small drop of black green there, because I think that in the real aircraft it would look lighter than a full flat black because of wearing-tearing too. But because I sprayed too lightly on a green so it would look more like dark green. I was like a little unsatisfied at that time. For the light brown too, I think the light brown was too light. But there are few more Il-2 models waiting to build. So I will take another chance to experiment with the colors on my next shturmoviks. Smiley
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 02:09:13 PM »

Hi Sinang,

using light brown (AMT-1/A-21m) and green (AMT-4/A-24m) is OK. But dark grey (AMT-12/A-32m) is more appropiate then some custome dark green. You can find more info at http://www.mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/il-2m/il2m-late1943.htm.
Happy modelling.

66misos

learstang

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »

On my monitor the dark colour appears to be a very dark grey/black colour - appropriate for AMT-12 Dark Grey; it does not appear to be green.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »

Hi Sinang
 here are two beautiful and scarcely known Il-2M3 that I've drawn for the book of Jason (I hope he's not angry for this)

Here are the (poor) photos available:

and the comment:

Plane of 214 ShAP. The shape of the gun fairing identifies it as built in Z.18. Unfortunately the camo is nearly undistinguishable, it could seem a variation of the 2nd template, but the wide white paintings on the spinner, the nose and the front of the landing gear nacelles are particularly interesting. On the tail we can see a 19, probably red with white outline. According to some sources, the stabilizers of the planes of this unit were painted red. The light blotch over the exhaust pipes could be a defect of the photo.

(Image from Loctnicze- Il-2 and Il-10)

Below: photos of Red 12 with the slogan and another variant of the photo of red 19 with some comments on their look from the memoirs book of a veteran that says:

"...and here we go, the planes with red stars have a fast low pass over our heads. Our guys, from my native regiment! I clearly saw identification features of 828 shap - lower engine cowls painted white and the immovable fin's part painted red."

Below: an attempt of interpretation of these planes with the few available informations. Yo tell the truth, the tail of red 12 looks camouflaged in the photo, or perhaps the image is alterated, but I assume that it has to have been red in some period.

I've still to ask the translation of the slogan, of the name of the veteran and the title of his book.

Being this plane built in Z.18, it has the characteristic flushed gun fairings, so the flat ones of the kit have to be modified.

Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »

Actually, Massimo, I'd love to see Sinang try his hand at one of these beautiful Il-2's - if it's as good as his Il-2-37, it would be a beautiful model indeed!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
sinang aribowo

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 03:14:04 AM »

On my monitor the dark colour appears to be a very dark grey/black colour - appropriate for AMT-12 Dark Grey; it does not appear to be green.

Regards,

Jason

Hello Jason, nice to meet you.
What 66misos tried to say is my model that appear here: http://aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal13/12401-12500/gal12485-Il-2M-Aribowo/00.shtm

Hi Sinang,

using light brown (AMT-1/A-21m) and green (AMT-4/A-24m) is OK. But dark grey (AMT-12/A-32m) is more appropiate then some custome dark green. You can find more info at http://www.mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/il-2m/il2m-late1943.htm.
Happy modelling.

66misos

Hello 66misos,
actually I used this for reference:
http://www.mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/8gvshap-24al/8gvshap-24al.html

I thought it was  black than dark grey. Anyway I have joined this forum so for the next builds I would consult for the colors here if I find a color to be hard to decide... Cheesy

Oh here is my another Il-2M, built some 8/9 years ago. Using Eastern Express kit. Built OOB.

Hi Sinang
 here are two beautiful and scarcely known Il-2M3 that I've drawn for the book of Jason (I hope he's not angry for this)

Wow! Beautiful Shtrumoviks!
It still hard to decide which one!
Cheesy
But I think the one with slogan is always intriguing... Smiley

Being this plane built in Z.18, it has the characteristic flushed gun fairings, so the flat ones of the kit have to be modified.
there's two option of the guns there. I thought parts number B7 look visually similar tho the photo. is it?

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 09:23:50 AM »

Hi Sinang,
nice n.24 too.
I'm glad you like the drawings.
About the slogan: will you make it by brush, or have you any method to make the decal?
I've not the Tamiya or Academy kits, so I can't say about the piece of the gun fairing. Anyway, if there is the option of the flushed fairing, it's a good thing.
Note that this style was used on Il-2M3 built in Z.18, but not on Il-2M of the same factory.
Regards
Massimo
sinang aribowo

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »

Hi Sinang,
nice n.24 too.
I'm glad you like the drawings.
About the slogan: will you make it by brush, or have you any method to make the decal?
I've not the Tamiya or Academy kits, so I can't say about the piece of the gun fairing. Anyway, if there is the option of the flushed fairing, it's a good thing.
Note that this style was used on Il-2M3 built in Z.18, but not on Il-2M of the same factory.
Regards
Massimo

Thank you Massimo... Smiley

There are 2 kind of way I am familiar to make the slogan.
By using masking sticker or make a decal for it.
For the decal I use silk screen printing technique to print the white color.

This is the parts from Tamiya 1/48 Shturmovik, are those gun fairing ok for Z.18 plane?

Also what else should I be noticed for that Z.18?

Regards,
Sinang
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 07:58:31 AM »

Hi Sinang,
yes, these pieces are the right ones for Z.18. Good to know that they are included.
All Z.18 Shturmovik had metallic wings as on the kit, and the 'narrow' tail wheel fairing (Z.1 had a fingernail-shaped plate to cover it after the summer 1943).
The camouflage of Z.18 planes is scarcely repetitive and difficult to investigate, while Z.1 and 30 were more repetitive .
Please have a look to http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/il-2m3/il2m3-camo.htm
Note that the number of white lines on the nose is unclear: the first photo shows clearly four lines and it's a plane of z.18, while the most of the photos is unclear or shows 3 lines only (the missing one is the front one, close to the intake).  When seen from the cockpit, those lines appeared as straight.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: